Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How do you get the best launch?

Reactions
What are the exact settings and procedures you use to get the best 0-60 times and 1/4 mile? How do you do it on the street and at the track?

Getting zfg tomorrow to replace the lms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Reactions
Sport Mode, Traction Control Off, stand on brake, Get RPM’s over 2500(I typically launch around 2900), gas to the floor, release brake...hold on.

Process has worked for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Sitting here reading these posts and the manual, discovered that I can also turn AdvanceTrac Off by holding the button down for 5 seconds, so I just went out and played in the 3+" of heavy wet snow (perfect for snowmen and snow forts, not launching) and could really feel the difference between each mode on or off. Would taking AdvanceTrac off as well as Traction Control Off give a better time on proper dry surface?

Reactions
Sport Mode, Traction Control Off, stand on brake, Get RPM’s over 2500(I typically launch around 2900), gas to the floor, release brake...hold on.

Process has worked for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Reading through some older threads as I look for the best way to launch I came across this one. So just to clarify...you hold the brake and gas down to the floor at the same time at a certain point correct?!

Stand on brake
Get rpms over 2500 and up to 2900 (which I have trouble doing because the car wants to jolt forward). I usually have trouble holding the car back by 2500 rpm idk why?
GAS TO THE FLOOR (still holding brake) then release the brake.

Science equation figures out lol.
I would think traction control on would be better for gripping no? Idk I'm new to all this lol.

Explorer ST Posts