Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Houston area ST meet.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Houston area ST meet. Thinking it’ll be small so what do y’all think about the first one being at Deussen Park on Lake Houston on 8/22?
Plenty of parking and lots of shade. I’ll scout out a spot this weekend and mark it for everyone...it’s a pretty big place...if anyone is interested.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Wife and I are down. Only have one of our 4 kids that weekend. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Wife and I are down. Only have one of our 4 kids that weekend. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m leaving my 4 at home. lol

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I’m leaving my 4 at home. lol
Lol it’s our 3 year old so we have no choice lol. I’ll make a weekend out of it and stay on the lake. Let me know.

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Actually 2 of mine are grown and gone. The other 2 are 17 and 14 so they can fend for themselves. lol

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Actually 2 of mine are grown and gone. The other 2 are 17 and 14 so they can fend for themselves. lol
Lol Shoot!! I started late sir. 8,8,7 and 3 at the age of 42

Blended family but love it.

2020 Explorer ST - Storm Trooper Build

Borla S-Type Exhaust | SPD Downpipes | Vossen HF-5 | Michelin PSS Tires | Speeda Rear Sway | Turbosmart BOV | Rear Wiper Delete | Clear Bra | Tinted Headlights | H&R Springs | Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel | Custom Front and Rear Emblems

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Just a reminder and bump in case any locals missed it.
I’ll go look for a good shady spot this weekend and post it here...you could drive around for an hour hunting otherwise.
Also...as far as a time...I need to check the signs this weekend to see what they close the gates so that will be updated in a few days as well.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Just a reminder and bump in case any locals missed it.
I’ll go look for a good shady spot this weekend and post it here...you could drive around for an hour hunting otherwise.
Also...as far as a time...I need to check the signs this weekend to see what they close the gates so that will be updated in a few days as well.
Sounds good. Looking forward to it

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
So I looked around today. All the pavilions are closed off but there’s picnic tables under the trees all over the park and the pavilion parking areas are wide open.
Pavilion 4 will be my first choice...it’s right by the water with trees and a good spot for pics.
Pavilion 8 will be the back up...also plenty of trees and we can always drive around for pics.
Meet time is 3PM next Sat 8/22.
See the maps to get an idea of where in the park the spots are. 7E7CC20F-C320-4315-9CA2-973415C24CC9.jpeg 5A95DF31-9F80-46E7-89B6-0EA11B1E485D.jpeg 653C4E8B-8751-491A-8745-2C928D96942D.png

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
So I looked around today. All the pavilions are closed off but there’s picnic tables under the trees all over the park and the pavilion parking areas are wide open.
Pavilion 4 will be my first choice...it’s right by the water with trees and a good spot for pics.
Pavilion 8 will be the back up...also plenty of trees and we can always drive around for pics.
Meet time is 3PM next Sat 8/22.
See the maps to get an idea of where in the park the spots are. View attachment 1687 View attachment 1688 View attachment 1689
Have you gotten good feedback for the meet?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
A few locals. I honestly don’t know that the first one will be worth a drive as far as yours would be. I’ll do more...and next time pick a spot further on the west side of town.
Check your PM’s also.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
A few locals. I honestly don’t know that the first one will be worth a drive as far as yours would be. I’ll do more...and next time pick a spot further on the west side of town.
Check your PM’s also.
I’m willing to make the drive and may take the wife up to the woodland for the evening. No biggie on our end.

I gave a couple guys here the heads up but we will see.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I’m willing to make the drive and may take the wife up to the woodland for the evening. No biggie on our end.

I gave a couple guys here the heads up but we will see.
Bad news ... wife just reminded me we have plans so no bueno for Saturday. Sunday would work or next time ... sorry about that.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I’m gonna postpone this a couple of weeks. It’s gonna be a small group to start with and a couple of locals have messaged me saying they already have plans this Saturday...might as well give everyone a minute so we can have as many as possible show up.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
I’m gonna postpone this a couple of weeks. It’s gonna be a small group to start with and a couple of locals have messaged me saying they already have plans this Saturday...might as well give everyone a minute so we can have as many as possible show up.
Sounds good