Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Highest mileage ST

db6

Reactions
Just wondering what’s the highest mileage and what issues you have had. I know I’m not very high - 8k miles. I’ve only had issues with synch needed to be reset, and a parking brake that wouldn’t release. Other than a couple of small issues corrected at purchase, I have not brought the ST back to the dealer for any repair. Just trying to get a feel for how long the vehicle will last. I really like the truck.
Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I love mine too. 19k miles on mine. Had a cross traffic sensor go out recently and just had the valve body replaced in the transmission to fix a slipping issue. That didnt fix the slipping issue. Will be heading back to the dealership for more diagnostics soon. But still love it! And to put any minds at ease, the transmission slipped from the jump, not an issue that developed over time. I still cant stop staring at this thing all the time. The issues will get fixed I am certain.

F=MA

Reactions
Previous white one only had the driver ST projector light clip break so the light fell out of the hole (bottom of driver mirror) and was hanging by the wire. The dealer robbed another ST for the part and replaced it while I waited. The white ST had about 12,000 miles with no problems.

Reactions
Sitting on around 23,900km aka 14,800ish miles. Minor issues have included the reverse camera going blue-screen occasionally, and it seems to have either a bad-ish battery or a battery drain issue where it goes into “deep sleep” after a few days of inactivity but has never gone dead. No real problems otherwise.

hbalek

Reactions
I have 15,135 miles with a few issues like check engine light at 2,000 miles fixed with PCM update and reprogram. Fuel pump failed at 10,800 miles and left me stranded down the block from me. I had to be towed. The fuel pump was ordered and replaced in about 4 days. Most recently, exhaust rattle and leak at cold start. A flex tube was ordered and will be replaced. Still love this beast!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
6/2019 build with 25k miles. gps position incorrect about 5% of the time. Otherwise no issues and very reliable. I will not be getting any extended warranty because it's been so problem free.

Blackssr

Reactions
6/2019 build with 25k miles. gps position incorrect about 5% of the time. Otherwise no issues and very reliable. I will not be getting any extended warranty because it's been so problem free.
I paid $720 for 6/60000, 50 deductible. There are a lot of electronics that can fail and add up quick. Maybe rethink?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Sitting on around 23,900km aka 14,800ish miles. Minor issues have included the reverse camera going blue-screen occasionally, and it seems to have either a bad-ish battery or a battery drain issue where it goes into “deep sleep” after a few days of inactivity but has never gone dead. No real problems otherwise.
That’s what deep sleep is supposed to be doing.

Reactions
That’s what deep sleep is supposed to be doing.
Oh I get that deep sleep is doing what it ought to be doing, but I’m surprised by how quickly it occurs. We’re talking 2-3 days here. To me that seems too soon. I’m still monitoring it but my battery barely squeezes out 12v when the car is parked, and after a couple days it is well down into the mid to low 11v range. I know cars are never completely “off” nowadays with all the electronics, but a 12v car battery in good health ought to be a good 12.5ish volts after a good charge/long drive, not 12.0-12.1, and shouldn’t be 11.3v after 2ish days of inactivity. At least not in my experience, anyway. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions
I've got about 6233 miles on mine. Build date of 10/19. I work from home so don't drive much during the week.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I also have a build date of 10/19 with about 7,000 miles on the ST. No major problems.

STDawg

Reactions
Well guess I am going to take the lead here - 2020, not sure on build date - I'm the second owner, but first owner purchased in 9/2020 - close to rolling 30k miles. We got a great deal on the purchase due to the high mileage.