Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help with Troubleshooting the Phone Charger

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Need some help from fellow owners. The charging mat on our ST works perfectly with my wife's iPhone XR while the phone is in a nice case (Pritaka). The case is a carbon-fiber like material with a rubber bumper all the way around. Works perfectly.

On the other hand ... and this is my "problem" ... my iPhone 12 will not charge at all unless it's placed on the mat with no case. I've tried the similar Pritaka case and Apple's own silicone case and no go. No matter how I place the phone on the mat, within a few seconds I get a pop up that there's something between the phone and the mat and charging fails. Caseless, it does work.

My question is - if you have an iPhone 12/12PRO (not the XL size), does your phone charge OK sitting on the mat inside of a case? If so, which case?

Since the XR works OK inside it's case, I am suspicious of my 12 vs the mat. I think the mat's fine. But before I start complaining to Apple that something's amiss with the 12, I'd like to gather as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Ken

Reactions
Both my wife and my Iphone 12 do not charge well on that mat.

OP
minuteman3

minuteman3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I hve the same issue, has there been a fix for this?
So far, no. The more I play with this, the more it seems it's a phone issue, not really the mat. I also have occasional issues with my 12 on a mat at home as well, which is probably another indicator that it's a phone issue with the 12.

Ken