Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Help with sorting out a potential Explorer ST order

danpass

Reactions
Vehicle
Focus ST
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help with an Explorer ST build. It looks like the 2023 is the one to buy.

Now this is quite a switch from trying to order a 2021 Mustang Mach 1. VIN issued by Ford and then 7 months later .... cancelled by Ford.
Then trying again with the detuned 2022 Mach 1. Ordered, no VIN issued, and five months later cancelled by me.

Then suddenly this last week the Explorer ST caught my eye and in a color I had sworn to never own again ..... BLACK

lol, definitely a switch from looking for a Mach 1 (or a 2019/2020 GT350).

I had a Focus ST and was happy with it, tracked it, etc and I'm perfectly happy to do a track day in an Explorer ST.

This will be a south Florida vehicle. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD and found that useful in rain so I went with the Intelligent 4WD option here.

Quick question: what are the differences between the Performance Brakes and the High-Performance Brakes? (I chose the High). Same rotor size? Internet lore says the only difference is the pads.

Here is my list. Ultimately it was easier to just screenshot the list. Even the print function messes up the resulting PDF.

Thanks for your input.

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.25.54 PM.png Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.26.02 PM.png Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.26.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.26.26 PM.png Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.26.40 PM.png Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.27.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.32.51 PM.png Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 10.27.17 PM.png

Attachments

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I'm fairly certain pad compound is the only difference for brakes. Just be prepared for some squeaking. With your auto "resume" I'm sure you may not care, but just a heads up.

Good luck with the order, and don't be surprised if you have to wait just as long for the Explorer to be built.

OP
D

danpass

Reactions
Vehicle
Focus ST
Thread Starter #3
Ok, cool, thanks.

Am I missing anything? About half is in there because of the package selected vs me actually wanting it, lol

Evasive steering ... barf
Adaptive cruise ... barf
BLIS .... barf
Remote start ... barf (well .... maybe to get the A/C running ..)
Co-Pilot 360 ... barf

so many crutches for newer drivers, creating bad habits, and a blatant money grab of needless up-contenting

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The on-line order system is never fully accurate in descriptions or availability. While it lets you select the auto-stop removal, it has never been actually available for the 3.0L engine in the ST. The only information to go by for accuracy is the regularly updated dealer order guide available elsewhere on-line.. That does not show the auto-stop removal as available for the 2023 ST.

BTW the Auto-Stop Eliminator is a good easy to install product. Check it out if interested.

OP
D

danpass

Reactions
Vehicle
Focus ST
Thread Starter #5
I figured it was more of hopium selection than anything else lol

edit: nice option there. too bad there isn't a Toyota option for the AS Elim