Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello There

Reactions
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. My Name is Joe and I live in Pittsburgh Pa. Though I am new to this forum, I have been a happy owner of my 2020 black ST since Oct 2019. Since then, the great experience of having my ST, has only gotten better.

Real quick, I owned a 1995 Cobra Mustang for 9 years. I like to hold on to my cars but I also find the need to "reinvent" my cars to keep things fresh. By reinventing I mostly mean keeping the appearance looking fresh and performance modifications. I did that with the Cobra.

Procharger, K&N's, Flow Master, Etc.

Then came the kids, and a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Had it for 8 years and 110k miles. And not one modification. When I truly thought the gearhead in me was gone, here cames this BADASS of an SUV. After about a year and a half, seeing people online sharing the same excitement and the OEM market providing upgrades, the gear head was back!

I guess I started with appearance. even before I picked the car up. I asked for flaps, mats, and most of all protective film. I highly recommend the protective clear film for the front bumper and hood. Its a must. Then I did some subtle matting. Matting ideas that I came up with, and some that I liked from others. I have it where the the car has a distinctive personalization with taste. More pictures will be coming out to show what I mean.

With close to 20k miles, its time for some performance upgrades. I did start with K&N filters and a plug in play chip. But now I very excited!

Yesterday I spoke to Ron @ Whoosh, and as I was typing just a couple minutes ago, I got a text that my Thermal R&D Exhaust is on the way!! So I'm Stoked right now. I plan to have them on in a week so I will post pictures when that happens.
Still wavering about lowering springs though. Was reading on this forum that a guy's tire rubs from time to time. (Is this common or did this guy put them on wrong? Please let me know)

So I look forward to sharing my ride with you people and learning from your experiences as well

Thank you

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
Joeyd1961
Reactions