Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello Everyone from France

alexixbox

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Owner of a Ford Explorer 2020 ST PHEV (hybrid) in France, I have had the E85 fuel wheel computer reprogrammed.

In France Ford vehicles (except utility vehicles) are delivered with "manual" door locking, ie when I start driving the doors do not lock automatically.

I had a Kuga (Escape) from 2019 and had managed to activate this feature with Forscan.

Today I cannot find this option in the BdyCM module of my 2020 Explorer.

Do you have automatic door locking while driving in the USA ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I gotta check mine today. Its just one of those things I'm so accustom to happening , I never thought about it on the ST, which I've only had 2 weeks.

How do you like your ST?

Jim

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Made a short run to town.

Yep , my auto locks , are on.

Doors lock at about 12-13 mph.

Jim

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Bonjour, Ca Va? Oui regarding Auto-locking, And we can set Auto-Unlock when we stop, put it in park, and open /unlock the drivers door.

OP
A

alexixbox

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Hello,

I really love driving this car, it is very pleasant even in France. (I haven't seen another Ford Explorer in France yet)
I added ST valve caps, car door lock buckle cover, all the carpets of the 3 rows and the trunk in all possible versions, I also had the engine ECU reprogrammed for flexfuel wheeler. (E85 or classic gasoline).
My projects are:
- addition of electrical retractable foot steps
- modifications via Forscan to close the doors for example or add the fog lights as directional headlights

Alex

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome! Can you post some pics? Curious to see what differences there are between the domestic and exported versions

OP
A

alexixbox

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
These are exactly the same vehicles, only a few mechanical details linked to hybridization (PHEV) and the FAP system compulsory in France. I also noticed only one aesthetic difference: the door sills: I will take a picture for you.

I still have a question: when you leave the vehicle and if one or more windows are open, when you hold the close button on your key for 3 seconds, do the windows close?
Ditto when before arriving in your vehicle, if the windows are all closed, if you hold down the door opening button, do the windows open?

molliuG

Reactions
Hello,
I am also from France ;-)
20200827_164057.jpg
IMG_20200710_124253.jpg
IMG_20210110_121237.jpg
Our local version is only a plug-in hybrid. It delivers 457hp. The exterior is similar to your ST. The front grill is a bit different.

Norvgen

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Hello everyone,

Owner of a Ford Explorer 2020 ST PHEV (hybrid) in France, I have had the E85 fuel wheel computer reprogrammed.

In France Ford vehicles (except utility vehicles) are delivered with "manual" door locking, ie when I start driving the doors do not lock automatically.

I had a Kuga (Escape) from 2019 and had managed to activate this feature with Forscan.

Today I cannot find this option in the BdyCM module of my 2020 Explorer.

Do you have automatic door locking while driving in the USA ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks
Yes.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
All welcome

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I also noticed only one aesthetic difference: the door sills: I will take a picture for you.
I would say that the red stitching in the interior is a major difference too. I don't think that is available here.

Reactions
Those protective pads are awesome. Where did you find them? Or are they custom?