Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Hello All.

honhon

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Hello all… new second time around ST owner…

My wife and I waited for about 3 months for a triple black ST. It was a great spec.

we took delivery in late June on the way to Orlando for a family trip.

fast forward to about a month ago my daughter and I were going to Lowe’s to run some errands and a 19 yoa girl decides she wanted to save 10 seconds off her commute and cut through a safety zone at about 30 mph.

i saw her coming and hit the gas and avoided a t-bone but she clipped the right rear right where the corner back up sensor is at.

She had 2338 miles on her… I was devastated and so was my wife… this was the first car we both bought where we picked what we wanted and not so much about a budget…

We spoke with the local Ford shop and expressed our wants and needs for the repairs to the shop foreman and he knew what we wanted…

With him on our side he put a great tech on it and pretty much nickeled and dimed the insurance company… since it wasn’t our fault…

In the end… the insurance company decided to bite the bullet and knew that they weren’t dealing with easy going people.
They decided to write it off and total it out. My wife was devastated again but it was bitter sweet since we wouldn’t have to worry about quality of repairs etc.
I knew what my wife wanted so I scoured the internet looking and told her we weren’t going to just settle…

Luckily I found one about an hour away from us. The only difference is the new new one has a moon roof and and doesn’t have the performance brake lining.

She’s still triple black and looking great.

When we got word the first one was being totaled I ran up there and got the few things that I had already put on it…
Such as mudflaps, UPR single catch can, start/stop eliminator.
I just added rubber undercoat and sprayed the inside of the frame rails today on the new one too.

I must say I feel like I have bad luck for black explorers because back in April I got a brand new black explorer through work and some idiot decided he didn’t want to slow down in a rain storm so he spins out and clobbers the right rear quarter panel of my work explorer and low and behold that was just totaled after 3 months of waiting to hear…

we have weather tech mats on order from Ford that we are using the mypass points from the previous explorer…

The first is of my wife’s ST the girl hit. The. My work explorer after they cut the quarter panel off to expose the deep damage.

The next photo is the new hotness and the final is the old hotness… both on delivery days…

For future plans I am starting to hint at an MBRP cat back but we shall see.

862A5EC6-170D-4F96-8733-181F97D9C566.jpeg 1F65E816-9677-4FBE-B95B-F7401D86B5FE.jpeg 7721B2FE-0911-4537-88D9-9C288D13C678.jpeg D9CD3FAB-80E0-415F-8275-6FED4F37735F.jpeg

voodothatido4u

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Welcome honhon!
Nice color choice.:D

!

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Glad you got it all sorted out! Black cleaned up looks like literal glass.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hello all… new second time around ST owner…

My wife and I waited for about 3 months for a triple black ST. It was a great spec.

we took delivery in late June on the way to Orlando for a family trip.

fast forward to about a month ago my daughter and I were going to Lowe’s to run some errands and a 19 yoa girl decides she wanted to save 10 seconds off her commute and cut through a safety zone at about 30 mph.

i saw her coming and hit the gas and avoided a t-bone but she clipped the right rear right where the corner back up sensor is at.

She had 2338 miles on her… I was devastated and so was my wife… this was the first car we both bought where we picked what we wanted and not so much about a budget…

We spoke with the local Ford shop and expressed our wants and needs for the repairs to the shop foreman and he knew what we wanted…

With him on our side he put a great tech on it and pretty much nickeled and dimed the insurance company… since it wasn’t our fault…

In the end… the insurance company decided to bite the bullet and knew that they weren’t dealing with easy going people.
They decided to write it off and total it out. My wife was devastated again but it was bitter sweet since we wouldn’t have to worry about quality of repairs etc.
I knew what my wife wanted so I scoured the internet looking and told her we weren’t going to just settle…

Luckily I found one about an hour away from us. The only difference is the new new one has a moon roof and and doesn’t have the performance brake lining.

She’s still triple black and looking great.

When we got word the first one was being totaled I ran up there and got the few things that I had already put on it…
Such as mudflaps, UPR single catch can, start/stop eliminator.
I just added rubber undercoat and sprayed the inside of the frame rails today on the new one too.

I must say I feel like I have bad luck for black explorers because back in April I got a brand new black explorer through work and some idiot decided he didn’t want to slow down in a rain storm so he spins out and clobbers the right rear quarter panel of my work explorer and low and behold that was just totaled after 3 months of waiting to hear…

we have weather tech mats on order from Ford that we are using the mypass points from the previous explorer…

The first is of my wife’s ST the girl hit. The. My work explorer after they cut the quarter panel off to expose the deep damage.

The next photo is the new hotness and the final is the old hotness… both on delivery days…

For future plans I am starting to hint at an MBRP cat back but we shall see.

View attachment 14386 View attachment 14387 View attachment 14388 View attachment 14389
Welcome back