Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Head/Tail light Tinting

Reactions
Looking to tint both head and tail lights. Anyone have pros and cons on if film is better than a spray-on like VHT night shade?? Planning on getting the front 2 windows tinted and would like to do this all at the same time.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So you don’t like seeing at night or what? lol

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I've heard that the spray tint will damage the plastic .

With film , you can remove it with no affect.

Jim

Reactions
Ive used the spray on several vehicles. Works fine but doesnt last more than about a year. Slowly fades away and if you dont buff it/wet sand/etc, you end up with a dull finish. Im about to give up on tinting the ST tails. Ordered a pre-cut kit that was missing a main section. Ordered tint sheets and its a nightmare to do with my lack of tinting exp

Reactions
Ive used the spray on several vehicles. Works fine but doesnt last more than about a year. Slowly fades away and if you dont buff it/wet sand/etc, you end up with a dull finish. Im about to give up on tinting the ST tails. Ordered a pre-cut kit that was missing a main section. Ordered tint sheets and its a nightmare to do with my lack of tinting exp
The gal who did mine said it was a nightmare, and she's been in the business for a long time. Fortunately for me it was quoted. Even so, some things are better off left to the professionals.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I wouldn't try anything with a lot of curves/bends if you are using a pre-cut kit and don't have a lot of experience. There is no room for error.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
As much as I'd like to smoke them bright red tailights, I'm really having second thoughts.
Spray not good.
Tinting too difficult.

Wait and see .

Jim