Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Has anyone found a nice running board solution?

Reactions
I wish the Explorer ST came with retractile running boards, my kids always have problems getting on and off. Has anyone found a nice running board solution?

Reactions
bump. I'm also interested. Please share if you have any info.

Jamackabi

Reactions
@GDubzFL I'm in love with your ST! I picked up a 2021 in Agate Black last week, seeing those running boards on yours makes me seriously consider getting some. Were they pretty straight forward to install?

Blackssr

Reactions
@GDubzFL I'm in love with your ST! I picked up a 2021 in Agate Black last week, seeing those running boards on yours makes me seriously consider getting some. Were they pretty straight forward to install?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Looks really hot on the black car. I wish they automatically retracted.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Has anyone seen retractable runners?

My wife at 5'3" das a bit of struggle exiting .

But I'd like to be able to hide them until needed.

Jim

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST (Agate Black)
Thank you & yes the install was fairly easy.... The instructions are straight forward, all in all they probably took around 2Hrs to install (working at a union pace).

F=MA

Reactions

Jim
Lowering springs will place the door threshold approximately 1.5 inches closer to the ground for easier exiting. And for taller folks you can then actually see the roof.

KegsBdry

Reactions

Blackssr

Reactions
Reactions

Jim
I found these last year on Amazon for $1499
1610162832485.png
This was the ad pic I saved to my pc. Try doing a search and I'm sure it and others will show up.

Blackssr

Reactions
This looks great in the shop. They look to be further out than the wheels. This should help save your rims while parallel parking.
If someone is going to scrape the running boards, maybe they should not drive any longer. LOL

Reactions
Vehicle
Do you have any more pictures of the car in normal lighting outside in the daylight. I want to see what the running boards look like. Thanks in advance
Sorry I was out of town for the weekend... here's a pic and short video in normal outside lighting conditions.
tempImageEcpFjP.png

Attachments

KegsBdry

Reactions
Sorry I was out of town for the weekend... here's a pic and short video in normal outside lighting conditions.
View attachment 3365
Thanks for the video. That looks pretty slick! It also gives the ST a look of being lowered too. I like it!

Blackssr

Reactions
View attachment 3365
Perfect.. I love them. Where did u purchase and cost please?
The link you posted shows out of stock -- no restock date.

Thanks so much.

Reactions
Vehicle
The link you posted shows out of stock -- no restock date.

Thanks so much.
I purchased them off CarId.com. Your best bet is to continually monitor the website to see when they come back in stock or you may have luck reaching out to Broadfeet directly. I know production at a lot of factories has slowed due to COVID. In any event here's the Broadfeet Part#: SBFO-241-73-BB you might have luck simply googling it. The running boards are actually cheaper now though on CarID.... I paid $635.00 (Tax & Shipping included).

Blackssr

Reactions
Would you have a link?

Thanks so much.
I purchased them off CarId.com. Your best bet is to continually monitor the website to see when they come back in stock or you may have luck reaching out to Broadfeet directly. I know production at a lot of factories has slowed due to COVID. In any event here's the Broadfeet Part#: SBFO-241-73-BB you might have luck simply googling it. The running boards are actually cheaper now though on CarID.... I paid $635.00 (Tax & Shipping included).
Thanks so much. Coral Springs... I am in Boca. If you see some crazy guy in a white ST waving you down.....LOL

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
Thanks so much. Coral Springs... I am in Boca. If you see some crazy guy in a white ST waving you down.....LOL
Anytime and nice I'm usually in Boca or Delray on the weekends so if you see me in the street feel free to wave me down. Also I've done a lot of mods to my ST already so if you need any local shops or recommendations feel free to ask.

Blackssr

Reactions
Anytime and nice I'm usually in Boca or Delray on the weekends so if you see me in the street feel free to wave me down. Also I've done a lot of mods to my ST already so if you need any local shops or recommendations feel free to ask.
Will do...I usually use my Hellcat on the weekends so if you see a crazy guy in a white Challenger Hellcat waving you down it's me....lol