Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Happy Memorial Day (Early)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
"Hi Karen"..."Lighten up Francis"..."there is a way to get your point across without alienating the folks around you."
Indeed. That said, my posts, comments, and responses have been of a purely observational and informational nature. If anyone feels "alienated" by the same, that is really on them, not me.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Still assuming the position of one who is welcome to sermonize (from a high hill)? Sharing it once may be considered informative, but it doesn't take too much repetition to look like trolling,

Trolls also often try to downplay the impact of their behavior, claiming anyone who’s upset or disagrees with their posts or comments is overreacting or uniformed.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Not me, I have rather thick skin. On the other hand I would never tell others how to pay their respects. To each their own.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty thick-skinned here myself. And in this entire thread, I have merely offered my own observations and provided what may be, to some, otherwise unknown information. At no point have I "told" anyone to do anything.

The bottom line is that if anyone truly believes that Memorial Day is a day to feel "happy," they may want to pay a visit to any of the families and friends still suffering from their eternal losses and wish them a "happy" Memorial Day. Let me know how that goes---I'll wait.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Still assuming the position of one who is welcome to sermonize (from a high hill)? Saying it once may be considered informative, but it doesn't take too long to look like trolling,
Pot. Kettle. Black. You appear to be far more concerned with me, personally, rather than addressing the content. Why is that?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
You wouldn't be related to that FireStarter character, would you?

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Pretty thick-skinned here myself. And in this entire thread, I have merely offered my own observations and provided what may be, to some, otherwise unknown information. At no point have I "told" anyone to do anything.

The bottom line is that if anyone truly believes that Memorial Day is a day to feel "happy," they may want to pay a visit to any of the families and friends still suffering from their eternal losses and wish them a "happy" Memorial Day. Let me know how that goes---I'll wait.
While you haven't explicitly stated that people aren't allowed to be happy, the implication of your posts is that it is wrong to be happy. I don't really see a difference in saying "don't be happy" and "you're wrong for being happy".

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
While you haven't explicitly stated that people aren't allowed to be happy, the implication of your posts is that it is wrong to be happy. I don't really see a difference in saying "don't be happy" and "you're wrong for being happy".
If that's really what your take-away is from what I have posted, there is really nothing I can do to help.