Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Grinding type noise in Sport Mode in park

Reactions
Hi, in park when I switch from any other mode into Sport Mode I start hearing a bit of a "grinning" type noise coming from the centre of the vehicle. If I switch back to any other mode the noise goes away. In drive no noise.
Anyone else experiencing this...
ST is going in for a diagnostic next week

Reactions
Hi, in park when I switch from any other mode into Sport Mode I start hearing a bit of a "grinning" type noise coming from the centre of the vehicle. If I switch back to any other mode the noise goes away. In drive no noise.
Me too,was wondering if this was normal as well

Reactions
Did you ever find out if that is considered normal?

Reactions
Good luck trying to get a response from either one of them they haven't been active for well over a year on this site.

Zim

Reactions
Having this “issue” as well? anyone else have any other info.

Reactions
I think this is normal. I believe someone on this forum mentioned that it is the transmission fluid pump compensating for the quicker/harder shifts in sport mode.