Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Greetings from Kansas City

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
After having my order for a 2021 ST cancelled by Ford, I was able to quickly pivot thanks to the dealer with an order for a 2022 Atlas Blue ST and took delivery of it back in mid-December. Been trying to get an account registered here for a while but apparently AT&T doesn’t like emails from this domain, so I had to open a G-Mail account to get that done. So happily I’m now on board. However, in the meantime, I’ve been soaking up the information that is available here.

I’ve had two Eddie Bauer Explorers and a Sport prior to this one and while they all had their strengths and weaknesses, this one (even with the one bolt rear subframe) has been the most fun of the lot. So far I’ve done a minimum of modifications to her, adding a Mishimoto oil catch can, Steeda strut tower brace (in Steeda blue) and black lug nuts. The next steps will be an upgraded inter cooler (waiting to see how much the Mitshimoto one will cost compared to the Whipple) and upgraded sway bar. I’ll wait on a tune until Ford sorts out the solution to the one bolt rear end.

Appreciate the forum and the knowledge and experience that the members here have posted. Makes sorting out what to do with my Explorer a lot easier. So thanks to all.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
Welcome. I am also in the greater KC area.

Your problem with AT&T explains why I also had trouble registering here. Evidently I had not written down my password correctly so could not log in. Repeated requests for password reset and other help requests returned nothing. I finally registered with a different AT&T account since my usual email was now not available to use. This has been a very useful forum.

I received my 2022 Rapid Red ST December 7 after ordering it September 22 at Rob Sight Ford. Never any problems.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard!

OP
TheHypnoToad
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. Glad I finally made it in. After having bought two of my previous Explorers from Thoroughbred Ford, I shifted over to Midway Ford after having issues of trust with Thoroughbred‘s Service Department and being told by their salesman and other Ford dealers that they wouldn’t honor my x-plan and I would have to pay an ADM fee to “get in line”. Midway had no issues with the x-plan and I didn’t have a line to get in. Besides, they are closer to where I live. So win-win. We’ll see how the service department is but their parts department has been first rate over the years in both pricing and parts availability. I just had never really thought about them as they are mainly a fleet and large truck dealer.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome all to the forum