Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Great MPG Thread

Reactions
Just finished a trip from Albany to Charlotte and back 93 Octane the whole trip. The only time I saw my mileage slipping was when the car idled for about 30 mins with AC on at a rest stop. 24mpg with all the posts of people complaint about mpg I thought I'd post some positives.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
30 minutes at a rest stop?! :) Man, our "rest stops" are < ten minutes. Probably more like eight.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
30 minutes at a rest stop?! :) Man, our "rest stops" are < ten minutes. Probably more like eight.
I wouldn't even stop if it were just me lol . My grandfather is disabled and moved in with us this past winter (the reason we bought the explorer)so rest stops involve a whole lot of love care and patience and time. The whole reason for the trip was his 85th birthday this past Tuesday. We drove down Sunday after work.

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
I wouldn't even stop if it were just me lol . My grandfather is disabled and moved in with us this past winter (the reason we bought the explorer)so rest stops involve a whole lot of love care and patience and time. The whole reason for the trip was his 85th birthday this past Tuesday. We drove down Sunday after work.
I’m sure grandpa appreciates everything that y’all do for him … it’s a sign that you are good people.(y)

Last edited:
OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I’m sure grandpa appreciates everything that y’all do for him … it’s a sign that you are good people.(y)
He's a great man just blessed my son's get to know him for the time he's with us

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Cherish those times. I bet he has some wonderful stories to tell.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I'm grateful my daughter got to know her great-grandmother as a vibrant person, not some old lady to sits in a corner and gets ignored.

Texasfit

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’ve taken two road trips Austin to Corpus Christi and Austin to Kansas City. Averaged 27 mpg on premium fuel 70-80 mph, both trips in normal mode. Premium makes all the difference on the highway trips. I’ve been quite impressed with that kind of mileage for a performance SUV. 2 Wheel drive ST.

Explorer ST Posts