Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Graveyard Coilovers

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Which size tires/where are you running? What are your initial impressions on ride/handling?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Damn, that stance looks sick as hell. Nice job blacking it out too!

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Which size tires/where are you running? What are your initial impressions on ride/handling?
Toyo 275/35R22. Pretty impressed i didn’t have to do any trimming and haven’t rubbed yet. Will prob lower a bit more after they settle

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Toyo 275/35R22. Pretty impressed i didn’t have to do any trimming and haven’t rubbed yet. Will prob lower a bit more after they settle
Nice. What offset are your wheels? Seeing a few setups with the GRs I'm wondering if I should do those in place of the Steeda struts, shocks, and springs. I'll be running 315/30R22s with a +30 offset. Not sure if I can get away with a 2" drop like Theos. How much is yours dropped? Looks pretty close to 2" as well.

OP
JVPrevite
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Nice. What offset are your wheels? Seeing a few setups with the GRs I'm wondering if I should do those in place of the Steeda struts, shocks, and springs. I'll be running 315/30R22s with a +30 offset. Not sure if I can get away with a 2" drop like Theos. How much is yours dropped? Looks pretty close to 2" as well.
Save ur money on the Steeda springs i had before you can barely notice. I think 9.5 but I’m not positive on the offset

Reactions
Finally got the ride height set where I want it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Finally got the ride height set where I want it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using

Tapatalk
Looks great! Please tell us about ride quality compared to stock and overall handling. Thanks! Jim

Reactions
Looks great! Please tell us about ride quality compared to stock and overall handling. Thanks! Jim
I got the GS kit with dampening added, the sales rep told me that was best for daily driving. The ride quality is just a bit firmer than the h&r setup I had. The shop that installed it set it way too low so I decided to set it the height myself which wasn't difficult. The handling has improved in the corners but probably would have been better if I chose the GR setup. The only problem is the lack of camber adjustment. I was told the rear cam kit will fix the back but the front will probably only get me to -1 degree which is a lot better than -2.5 now.

Reactions
Raised the ride height up a little. It's about a half inch lower than the h&r setup.
Great day to ride through rabun county in northeast Georgia.