Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Got caught with worn Pirelli Scorpion Zero, thinking about the Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActive

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Price close and seem to have good specs

SF02112

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I recently replaced the Pirelli's that came on mine with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the difference is very noticeable- Much better than the Pirelli's, especially in cornering and braking, they are quieter, too. Overall a major improvement.

Reactions
I put Pirelli Weatheractive tires on my ST back in October and I love them. Great handling in wet, dry, ice and snow., in the last month here in Twin Cities area the weather has been rather interesting going from the 50's to sub zero in a day. I been able in one day start with dry pavement to wet/rainy to ice then snow these tires are fantastic! Great grip and road feel in all conditions, the original factory tires were okay in wet and dry and just worthless in snow and ice, best money spent in my opinion.

GHB66

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST with ST Street Pack
I recently replaced the Pirelli's that came on mine with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the difference is very noticeable- Much better than the Pirelli's, especially in cornering and braking, they are quieter, too. Overall a major improvement.
Did the Michelins improve ride quality beyond the Pirellis?

SF02112

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
They did, it's much better over minor bumps, etc. in the road and the decrease in road noise and overall positive "feel" of the vehicle is so much better. It was well worth the difference in price and they have a 45K warranty whereas the Pirelli's had no warranty.