Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Got Board

hdzrt

Reactions
Put my boards on today. Nice fit and finish, bolted right up.
Snailfly Fit for 2020 2021 Ford Explorer Side Steps Running Boards Black
Good bang for the buck...:cool:
board 1.jpg

board 2.jpg

Reactions
But why? Just for looks?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Like your play on words.(y)

Reactions
OP
hdzrt

hdzrt

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
But why? Just for looks?
More or less for the looks, I think it completes the look. One benefit is i can open the doors and stand on them to reach and to clean the front window and the top.

OP
hdzrt

hdzrt

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Is the pinch weld still useable to jack the car up?
See attached picture of the brackets, there are 3 of them that bolt up to OEM holes. not sure you can jack the car up from pinch weld, I use a car hoist in my shop. Bracket.jpg

Reactions
See attached picture of the brackets, there are 3 of them that bolt up to OEM holes. not sure you can jack the car up from pinch weld, I use a car hoist in my shop. View attachment 5458
Thanks for photographs. Most likely the brackets cover the jack points.

Reactions
See attached picture of the brackets, there are 3 of them that bolt up to OEM holes. not sure you can jack the car up from pinch weld, I use a car hoist in my shop. View attachment 5458
Just checked my 2021 and I do see the factory three bolt holes. Looks like the original jack points are still open after you install the brackets. Did you have to drill through the plastic trim for the bolts?
Do these feel sturdy when you stand on them?
Asking for a 210 pounder.
thanks for all the information

Reactions
Do you have a link to where you purchased them.

OP
hdzrt

hdzrt

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Just checked my 2021 and I do see the factory three bolt holes. Looks like the original jack points are still open after you install the brackets. Did you have to drill through the plastic trim for the bolts?
Do these feel sturdy when you stand on them?
Asking for a 210 pounder.
thanks for all the information
No drilling, you slip a ps of flat stock (that is provided) that has two threaded holes between the pinch weld and plastic for the two bolts, Very sturdy. I'm 190lb and i jumped up and down on them after install. those steel brackets and alum boards are heavy duty. The pictures i posted suck, much better looking in person.

KozzyJr

Reactions
Which brand are these running boards. Also did your factory mudflaps still work with these running boards

OP
hdzrt

hdzrt

Reactions
Thread Starter #13

CGainz

Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Last edited: