Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Good morning this morning!

The Viking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Roger Hargrove here, I was a medic in the Air Force, and now a critical care ER/ICU Murse. I started to be a garage mechanic about 5 years ago when Ford was gonna charge me $400 to change 6 spark plugs on my 2006 Ford Ranger 4.0 and havnt stopped since. I actually was about to take a break from nursing and get certified as a mechanic….just a passion now. I provide a car service for nurses and techs in need in turn I get my hands on a lot of vehicles.
I recently bought my dream car….2020 Ford Explorer ST with all the goodies…..end of year sale made my wallet no hurt so bad, and I’m decent at the barter game. So far just minor up grades……catch can, black out emblems, currently blacking out lights (just dragging my feet, just not sure about doing it to the front, just for decreased light), just polished and installed a Borla exhaust with carbon fiber tips.
Super excited about finding the forum, and man I’ve for some ideas just in a hour of looking through the threads. What are the must upgrades, any advice is appreciated. I’ve been running the recommended Motorcraft synthetic blend oil, but been thinking of changing to full synthetic….any opinions? Like best brand of oil and filters for the ST. I have always just tried to go with Motorcraft…..had issues with Ranger when I didn’t use Motorcraft parts.
Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know some other Ford idiots!
God Speed,
TheViking

Attachments

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Nice! I love the color and almost bought one but we ended up with the carbon grey as my wife believed the white one looked too much like a cruiser. lol Welcome and thank you for your service!

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the forum. I've always used Motorcraft filters and fluids with excellent results. I just had a dealership break one off in me for maintenance on my F150. Won't do that again.