Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Glove box light on 2022

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I was thinking about adding the glove box light on my 2022 but the connector that is usually behind the glove box doesn't appear to be there on my early build 2022 (january). Can anyone take a a quick picture or two of where (what harness) the connector comes out of on their car that has the glove box light? Thanks!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
It wasn't there on the 21's so I doubt it is on the 22's. I made the mistake of buying the parts for the glove box and armrest console before I checked to see if the wires were there. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I went to put them in.

OP
R

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
It wasn't there on the 21's so I doubt it is on the 22's. I made the mistake of buying the parts for the glove box and armrest console before I checked to see if the wires were there. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I went to put them in.
I know they aren't there. I'm not going to mess with the center console but I would like the glove box light. Just trying to see if i could get someone that has the glovebox light to take a picture of the harness the connector comes out of. The switch for the light is there and the opening for it. Just need the power and ground.
if i can see when harness it comes out of maybe the wires are terminated and taped into the harness. Or i may just find a key on power source for the light since the switch is still there on the glovebox.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Gotcha, sorry I misunderstood.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You can add the Glove Light Box to a 2022. Just need to tap the fuse block.
Part # LB5Z-14A411-D

Watch this video.

OP
R

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
You can add the Glove Light Box to a 2022. Just need to tap the fuse block.
Part # LB5Z-14A411-D

Watch this video.
Tapping into the footwell light. easiest and best way. That's what I show in this video. Thanks for sharing!