Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

General Battery/Outlet Question

rshambo

Reactions
I am going to be tailgating this weekend and I was wondering how long the power would last if I were to hook up a charging cable for a phone or a crock pot to heat up some dip would be if it was plugged into the AC outlet. Does anyone know how long I can use it before I‘d have to start the car and re-up the battery?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You need to find out the number of watts that the appliance uses. Then you can take the amp hours of the battery * .5 (don't want to use of all of the battery). Let's say 1000 watts for the crockpot and 200 amp hours of battery (This is just for example). 12 volts of battery * 200 = 2400 watt/hours. Multiplied by .5 = 1200 watt/hours. Given those figures, you shouldn't run the crockpot for more than 1.2 hours before recharging.

Last edited:
Reactions
I think the 120 volt AC receptacle is meant for a maximum of 150 watts. It is for a laptop or other small electronic device, not a 1000 watt heater.

Explorer ST Posts