Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Garage space enough? Need local help

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Anyone in south Florida that’s local (west Boca) care to help me out? Need to see if an explorer can fit in my garage? Currently parking the Maverick in there. But the explorer is 6 inches wider. Trying to figure out if I’m going to be able to park in the garage, or I need to ceramic coat and park in the driveway.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
How wide is your garage? I park in a single and am glad the side mirror can retract with a button press.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
How wide is your garage? I park in a single and am glad the side mirror can retract with a button press.
Mine is a 2 space. But my wife’s car forces me to park at an angle. I actually posted this in the ST group on FB. Had someone drop by about an hour ago. It will fit. But it’s pretty tight. Gonna have to be super careful pulling in and especially out. Giggity

Reactions
LOL I put a line with blue painters tape on the garage floor so my wife knows where to park in the 2 car garage. Still only 70% effective hahahaha

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
LOL I put a line with blue painters tape on the garage floor so my wife knows where to park in the 2 car garage. Still only 70% effective hahahaha
I have a parking block bolted to the floor in the garage. To keep the wife from driving through the living room.

Cwolf747

Reactions
I put a 55# Rouge bumper plate on the floor in the garage. I drive in until I hit it, then set the park brake before taking my foot off the brake peddle. Any roll back and my garage door shuts on it. If I pull up closer, I'm not getting into the house with that door! I have a tiny garage and 2 cars have to fit in it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Search for “Laser Parking Guide”. Mine is aimed for the little black bubble at the center front of the dash.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I employ the old guard method. A tennis ball suspended by a cord from the ceiling. When it touches the windshield, you're in!

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Y
I employ the old guard method. A tennis ball suspended by a cord from the ceiling. When it touches the windshield, you're in!
Yep, you make sure it is right in “her” line of sight so it looks like it will hit her in the face!

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Search for “Laser Parking Guide”. Mine is aimed for the little black bubble at the center front of the dash.
I’ve got a cheap wall mounted laser set up too. It’s got 2 lasers. One lines up right under my rear view mirror when I pull all the way in. The other lines up with the left corner of my windshield. Makes it a lot easier to hit the same parking space every time.

i8iridium

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Explorer Width - Including Mirrors 89.3"
Explorer Width - Mirrors Folded 82.7"
Maverick Width - Including Mirrors 83.5"

I think you'll be fine.

My single stall garage opening is 93". I can pull in with the mirrors out, but I just fold 'em in.