Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FYI - if you're warranty shopping

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
I have no affiliation, and you don't have to press #2 to talk to me (LOL)

I've used this in the past, and they continue to have great prices... Flood Ford ESP Plans
for example, a Premium Care Ford Warranty with $0 deductible - at this date, it's 7 years 100,000 miles for $1,925

in past experience, dealers have really inflated the warranty pricing - this seems very realistic, and since it's a Ford warranty it's accepted at any Ford/Lincoln dealer for repairs, etc.

pryan

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I’ve looked several times and for 5 years and 100,000 I get a price of over $3000. Any thoughts on why that might be?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ve looked several times and for 5 years and 100,000 I get a price of over $3000. Any thoughts on why that might be?
Try checking with some of the suggested dealers as they often have better pricing. I got mine from Two Rivers Ford in TN.

Last edited:

pryan

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
It’s been through the Ford Pass app and Ford directly. I just look at Flood Ford, a name I’ve seen in other posts, and it’s much cheaper. But is it legit? Is it actually a Ford ESP that will work at any Ford dealer?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I know mine is legit. I can pull it up on Ford Pass any time. Just make sure it's a Ford Extended warranty. I'm quite sure Flood Ford is good to as I've seen many posts recommending them.

pryan

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Great, thanks! It’s less than 1/2 of the cost I’m seeing on Ford Pass.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I paid $1100 for 6 yr 72K miles for an extended warranty from granger ford in Iowa on my wifes edge. They only charge 50 bucks above cost for extended warranties.

njtta150

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford
Granger has been the cheapest in my experience. They even beat Zeigler and Flood. Who are they next two best for ESP

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
It’s been through the Ford Pass app and Ford directly. I just look at Flood Ford, a name I’ve seen in other posts, and it’s much cheaper. But is it legit? Is it actually a Ford ESP that will work at any Ford dealer?
yes my Raptor has had flawless $0 deductible service for 6 years

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Silver Spruce Explorer ST
Granger has been the cheapest in my experience. They even beat Zeigler and Flood. Who are they next two best for ESP
Indeed, Granger is definitely the least expensive across all Ford ESP plans, not to mention their efficiency. I purchased a PremiumCARE plan from them late one Saturday evening and had the confirmation and contract email in my inbox early the next Monday morning with the ESP linked to my account that same day.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Given that the extended warranties begin with the purchase date and mileage, is there any advantage to buying a plan early? In other words, why not buy it just before the original warranty expires?

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
They get more expensive over time - for example if you get the warranty new it’s the cheapest, but at 12 and 46 months they go up in price..

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
They get more expensive over time - for example if you get the warranty new it’s the cheapest, but at 12 and 46 months they go up in price..
So, if I didn’t buy the warranty when new, or at 12 months, there’s no disadvantage to waiting until month 35?

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
the only disadvantage is that it will cost a bit more...