Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Front plate/frame question

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I am required to have a front plate in Colorado. They launched black plates last month and mine arrived today. My issue is the outside edge has a small white line going around the plate. I was able to hide this on the rear with a frame but as for the front....

The OEM bracket only uses 2 bolts and the bottom has 2 tabs to hold the plate on. I have been unable to find any frames that will work with the bottom two tabs.

Anyone ran into this or have any ideas?

Thanks.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Paint it.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If you are going to try Sharpie try one of their "Paint Pens". This will be significantly more permanent than their ink pen.

Reactions
If you are going to try Sharpie try one of their "Paint Pens". This will be significantly more permanent than their ink pen.
In Ontario, there is a fine for painting your plate.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I thought about painting it, just not sure what paint would last and not chip off. If anyone else has any ideas please post em. Might go with a paint marker.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I cut the tabs off and used the same frame and 4 screws as the back. Worked fine.

gofishn

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I cut the tabs off and used the same frame and 4 screws as the back. Worked fine.

Qell done, Sir.
Posted an issue, then came back and told us the solution that worked, best, for you.

Many posters with a ton more posts behind them, woudl not have done so and you are newly minted member.

Now, to truly UP Your Game:
Post pictures!
Think of them as Pin-ups or Centerfolds, for ST Aficionado's.
Who doesn't love some quality Pin-up Art or an well focused Centerfold?
Just remember, High Beams, 'ON'