Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Front Passenger Plastic Trim Issue

Conrad81

Reactions
Good evening, I would love to hear your thoughts on my issue. My front passenger wheel well trim piece isn't fitting flush to the body near the front bumper. I brought it back to ford and they replaced the trim but the problem persists. I have a call into service but still awaiting a return call. In the meantime here is my concern:

1. There is a white substance near the gap that only appeared after the repair. It looks like glue. I am not a mechanic but I believe this isn't how its supposed to be fastened. After the repair it is less of a gap between the trim and body but it is still there and not flush.

2. I noticed from looking at the front of the vehicle that the space between the hood and front corner panels is not consistent. The driver side gap is larger than passenger and the hood sits lower than the corner panel. Is the hood on wrong? Is the front end crooked?

Like I said I am not a mechanic just someone that enjoys the performance of the vehicle. Than you for any feedback.....

Reactions
Could that white substance just be car wash soap residue? Quite common especially if you use automatic car washes.

Reactions
I noticed my hood sits lower on the drivers side and is uneven on the passenger side. I pointed it out to the sales people and they documented it and said it would be adjusted when I bring it in for the Cilajet coating. I will update next week.

OP
Conrad81

Conrad81

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I thought the same thing about the residue possibly being soap. It wasn’t there before the repair and I had it washed. I am unable to remove it from the trim. It is stained.
Thank you for the replies.

Reactions
Gotta be some sort of a chemical that ran onto it. Have dealer replace.

OP
Conrad81

Conrad81

Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I noticed my hood sits lower on the drivers side and is uneven on the passenger side. I pointed it out to the sales people and they documented it and said it would be adjusted when I bring it in for the Cilajet coating. I will update next week.

Please share what you find out. Since I’m having difficulty getting them to return my call I’m popping into the service department first thing tomorrow morning.

OP
Conrad81

Conrad81

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I have a April 1 appointment. They are having the body shop investigate. I will post findings.

OP
Conrad81

Conrad81

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Body shop fixed the problem. Hood is now even and straight. They said they adjusted the hood assembly. Right trim piece is now flush.

I am very happy with the results.