Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Found this steering wheel cover.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Pop the airbag out, unplug a few things then a Torx bolt holds it on. Take that out and it falls off. It literally takes less than 5 minutes even the first time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST 401A Pkg White Met Tri-Coat
Bag pops out with a console removal tool of sort? No screws or nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Or not.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
What did you do with the suede cover?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I have one of these on my Ranger steering wheel. It looks like it fits nice on the ST. Does the steering wheel need to come off or does that just make it easier to stitch?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
I have one of these on my Ranger steering wheel. It looks like it fits nice on the ST. Does the steering wheel need to come off or does that just make it easier to stitch?

Much easier with the wheel off. You have to take all the trim off anyway to do it right…might as well take out 1 more bolt and get the wheel off.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Having trouble removing the airbag. I think I found the spring with a 3mm Allen wrench but I can’t unclip it. I just push on it in the Mustang and it pops right off. Am I missing something?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
Push in on one side while you pull out on the airbag a bit…once that side releases just hold it out while you push the spring on the other side and it’ll pop out completely.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sorry to derail… @UNBROKEN did you change your black matte plastic dash for the gloss plastic from the 2021+? My understanding is that our 2020s all had the matte plastic and then they put gloss black in.

im only halfway through your build thread

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #31
Sorry to derail… @UNBROKEN did you change your black matte plastic dash for the gloss plastic from the 2021+? My understanding is that our 2020s all had the matte plastic and then they put gloss black in.

im only halfway through your build thread
I did…then I replaced the carbon fiber inserts along the dash with some smooth ones I wrapped in piano black Vinyl to match the dash center. I only did that because the Aviator rear console has piano black trim and I wanted everything to tie together.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I did…then I replaced the carbon fiber inserts along the dash with some smooth ones I wrapped in piano black Vinyl to match the dash center. I only did that because the Aviator rear console has piano black trim and I wanted everything to tie together.
Got it. Well it looks badass. I wish I had that piano black to class up the joint. Thanks for the info

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Did you use the 3M tape with this cover?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I was looking for an Alcantara console lid cover but I’m not finding anything. Have you seen any?