Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Found a factory installed dent...

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I'm in the resto biz so I notice things & I doubt many would see it. When I first spotted it I checked the other side & it's there too. I saw it when sighting along the side of the ST from the front. It's a pinch/crease caused during the pressing of the panel. Couldn't get it to show in a photo so I put some tape around it to show the location....

And now it's going to drive you crazy knowing it's there (sorry).

20220124_100142.jpg 20220124_100155.jpg 20220124_100754.jpg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I had a long ripple going down my driver's side door. In the end, I decided not to have it fixed as the "fix" often is worse than the problem.

Reactions
Theres also one on the front doors if you look. My friend and me both have it on our 20s. He's a body tech and he pointed it out to me and now I cant unsee it.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Theres also one on the front doors if you look. My friend and me both have it on our 20s. He's a body tech and he pointed it out to me and now I cant unsee it.
I'll try not to look. :)

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
Not shocked, I just got my truck back from a high-end shop that did the install of Steeda springs and exhaust.
As soon as the guy went to put it up, he asked me to take a look and see how the undercarriage had a dent in the weld because it was lifted wrong. I told him it only has 3k miles and has never been serviced.
So, either the dealer or the factory did it!
In addition, when I took delivery of my 22 order the belt trim on the doors were burned almost like a buffer hit it!
I love the truck but the attention to detail sucks.
Oh, almost forgot I am missing 2 plugs that hold down the carpeting, just noticed that the other day.