Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Found A Diagnostic Screen Today

Reactions
When I put my vehicle in reverse today the backup camera display wasn't showing things correctly. (sorry for the dusty screen, didn't realize how bad it was until I looked at the photos!)
20220908_143422-1.jpg

My first thought was "Crap, yet another thing going wrong with this vehicle now." so I swapped to the rear view only and it got worse.
20220908_143500.jpg

My initial thought was rear camera issues like so many others have had, but then as I thought I about it, I thought to myself, why is the 360 view doing it too with the front and side cameras. So as I was driving I figured I'd try a soft reset of the system by holding ">>" & Power. Well I spaced for a moment and hit "<<" & Power and to my surprise after like 5 - 10 seconds a diagnostic screen started with a speaker test, hitting end test the following screen was available.
20220908_153316.jpg

I didn't look through what is actually available in the menus since I was driving. I took the last photo when I got home and it was safe, I looked at the APIM area quickly and it listed pages of data, I didn't study it to see if there is anything useful. But thought I would share what I accidently found haha. The soft reset of the system did fix the glitch for now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I had the same camera glitch but it was affecting all the cameras right after applying a ceramic coating. I thought it was because I got the coating on the lenses but it was fine the next time I drove it. The glitch was way more colorful and trippy though.