Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

forscan

s91wff

Reactions
Hello all. We have just gotten a 21 st. It is great we came from a 18 sport and before that was a 15 sport. I am looking to do a little custom/personal settings. Is there a lot of options out on forscan and is there a place i can view them?

Reactions
I didn't find much available when I started looking for my own '21 ST. I figured out how to remove the double honk, enable fogs with high beams, enable navigation while driving, disable the fake engine noise, and enable using non-resistor LED bulbs for the rear turn signals and reverse lights (yet to test this one). Other than that I didn't come across much.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm wondering if anyone has been able to reprogram the number of turn signal flashes.

Jdi

Reactions
I didn't find much available when I started looking for my own '21 ST. I figured out how to remove the double honk, enable fogs with high beams, enable navigation while driving, disable the fake engine noise, and enable using non-resistor LED bulbs for the rear turn signals and reverse lights (yet to test this one). Other than that I didn't come across much.
Where in forscan is enable nav while driving..thanks

Rmans911

Reactions
I'm wondering if anyone has been able to reprogram the number of turn signal flashes.
I am 75% sure I saw somewhere in these ST forums that someone increased the standard 3 blinks to 5.

Jdi

Reactions
Thanks, Just picked up my new Rapid Red on Tuesday...my adapter should arrive today...will be forscanning all weekend,,,,so excited

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
so I finally got off my seating area to do some forscan configs - disable double honk, enable fogs w/ hibeams, nav while driving, etc. to my disappointment, I connected forscan and it wouldn't read my PCM (I have a PBD tune) so it wouldn't let me go past the forscan reading my config unless I manually entered a PCM #. So, I guess one has to load the stock tune to mess with forscan, then reload the custom tune? PITA... "I didn't see that in the manual" haha

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
so I finally got off my seating area to do some forscan configs - disable double honk, enable fogs w/ hibeams, nav while driving, etc. to my disappointment, I connected forscan and it wouldn't read my PCM (I have a PBD tune) so it wouldn't let me go past the forscan reading my config unless I manually entered a PCM #. So, I guess one has to load the stock tune to mess with forscan, then reload the custom tune? PITA... "I didn't see that in the manual" haha
I think something else is amiss. what cable do you have? is it the kind with the switch?

Reactions
same thing happened to me with 5-star tune. just flash back to stock, mess with FORScan, load custom tune and FORScan changes should still be applied

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I think something else is amiss. what cable do you have? is it the kind with the switch?
Bought the cable on Forscan's site - OBDLink® EX - OBD2 Adapter For ELM327 & FORScan . When I connected Forscan asked about the speed setting topic and detected the cable was 'auto' so I am hoping it is not the cable.. Thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
same thing happened to me with 5-star tune. just flash back to stock, mess with FORScan, load custom tune and FORScan changes should still be applied
Well I guess it is good I am not the only one who had this issue, thank you for the solution! kind of a hassle, but, hey, the sacrifices we make for our toys..

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
OK, sorry gents. I have Livernois tune and have no issues with Forscan using the EX, so I just thought that was weird not being able to read the configuration.

Blackssr

Reactions
I wished the developers took requests. I purchased three years for 20/30 bucks( cannot remember which). Have not used it since the week of ownership. I did the same as you as except sound and leds. I wish they would find a way to pick drive mode on start up and disable auto start stop of engine. I had to purchase the "eliminator" for that