Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FORScan question about turning off the white DRL's.

SackLunch

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
2020 ST and I turned on the amber DRL's with no issues and now I am trying to turn off the white DRL's but I am getting an Incorrect checksum warning. Totally afraid to click the YES to continue. Do I just need to click YES?

Changes are as follows:

Additional Change : If you don't want the White DRL
Module : As-Built Modules BdyCM
Change : 726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX (original value was 0303 and new 0404)

1708567876258.png

1708567650731.png

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Don’t be scared. Go into the coded format and save the original version. If something messes up just load the stock file.

Anyways, there a bit more to it than just changing those numbers to get the strip off.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
x0x0 is white DRL off at all times
(726-42-01 = x0x0 xxxx xxxx)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
what would be needed to do this? i love the amber drl look! white is nice, but the amber just sets a different tone.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
1710288817919.png

And from there i hookup with laptop and start changing up what i want including DRL to amber?

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
View attachment 22087

And from there i hookup with laptop and start changing up what i want including DRL to amber?
there’s more to it than just that. If you’re not familiar with forscan DONT just go in and change stuff. I’ve tried helping guys who thought “it can’t be that hard to get Bambi mode” and changed EVERYTHING that said low beam, fog light, high beam….did the same for DRLs.

Attachments

Mark1328

Reactions
Vehicle
2-24 Ford Explorer ST
Hi Guys,

Any help for me. I tried to enable the Amber DRL using info from prior posts in my 2024 ST but for some reason it will not work when in park/neutral/drive - auto headlights, etc...

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.
726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL

Curious if I am doing something wrong. I can get the DRLs to come on however no solid Amber.

Thanks for any possible guidance.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
there’s more to it than just that. If you’re not familiar with forscan DONT just go in and change stuff. I’ve tried helping guys who thought “it can’t be that hard to get Bambi mode” and changed EVERYTHING that said low beam, fog light, high beam….did the same for DRLs.
lol.. ya i may just run down to ford dealer and see if they can do it - literally all i want to change it that..

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hi Guys,

Any help for me. I tried to enable the Amber DRL using info from prior posts in my 2024 ST but for some reason it will not work when in park/neutral/drive - auto headlights, etc...

726-42-01 x4x4 xxxx xxXX - Sets the White DRL to fixed position, meaning they're dim when the headlight is on, and off when the car is in normal drive mode, daytime.
726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxXX - Sets Turn to Turn and DRL

Curious if I am doing something wrong. I can get the DRLs to come on however no solid Amber.

Thanks for any possible guidance.
there is more to it than just changing a few numbers….theres about 7 things that need to be changed

Cheford1

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
lol.. ya i may just run down to ford dealer and see if they can do it - literally all i want to change it that..
it’s actually very easy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Amber DRL / NO white DRL
(only works during the daytime, when your lamps turn on automatically at night you will have NO DRL, all other functions will still work completely):

726-42-01 x0x0 xxxx xxxx
726-43-01 x1x1 xxxx xxxx