Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FORScan Nav in Motion - 2021

Reactions
Hi everyone,
Has anyone been successful in turning on the Nav in Motion for a 2021 Explorer with FORScan? If so, what’s steps did you take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Anyone?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I think you need to change the country code to some English speaking European country

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
From what I've been told, that's exactly right. You change the country code to one that allows navigation in motion. However, several other things change to the new location also.

Speedraser

Reactions
This video from an f150 user worked perfectly for my 21 ST. Changed country code to 5753

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I thought by doing this it deactivated the automatic 911 emergency calling due to location issues. Might want to check into it. That’s definitely a nice feature.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yes it does defeat the auto-call 911 function. Small price to pay for the incredible convenience of operating the Nav system on-the-fly.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes it does defeat the auto-call 911 function. Small price to pay for the incredible convenience of operating the Nav system on-the-fly.
Yeah that’s not something I’d be willing to give up. I’ll never forget when my buddy drove his mustang head on into a car coming the opposite direction. Heard the 911 operator but I just couldn’t talk. I was so dazed. Definitely a useful feature.

If you use AA or CarPlay, it’s not an issue. I’m sure you know but just for people who may not.

Jstforefn

Reactions
In my '20 Limited, I canuse nav while driving by simply clicking "Yes" when asked if the passenger is using the navigation. Is that not how your system works in your ST?

Reactions
In my '20 Limited, I canuse nav while driving by simply clicking "Yes" when asked if the passenger is using the navigation. Is that not how your system works in your ST?
You can use it as far as following turn by turn directions and moving the map around but you cant type anything in while driving if you're looking for a new location/need to change locations.. etc etc.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Im surprised people even bother with stock navigation when there is far superior options out there. Google maps, Waze, even Apple Maps. It’s even better now with AA and CarPlay to display those navigation applications right on your main screen.

However, the default system is a very nice backup in case internet goes down.

Last edited:
OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
You can use it as far as following turn by turn directions and moving the map around but you cant type anything in while driving if you're looking for a new location/need to change locations.. etc etc.
I use the factory Nav in my ST because it won’t show a full screen of any other navigation app, do better Ford!!!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I use the factory Nav in my ST because it won’t show a full screen of any other navigation app, do better Ford!!!

Idk I’d rather have a great navigation app take up half the screen than a full screen mediocre app.

Jstforefn

Reactions
I do it all the time as we are currently looking at new homes. We'll hop in the car and go see two or three houses and type the next address in each time while driving. Literally just have to say "Yes" when asked if you are the passenger.

Jstforefn

Reactions

Android auto shows Google Maps in full screen

Jstforefn

Reactions
Not for me, it's pretty small. Is there a setting to make it full screen?
Well, I have a Limited, not an ST so our screens are different. This is likely why it goes full screen for me and not you. I think if I had an ST, I might change to the smaller, landscape center screen for these reasons.

Jstforefn

Reactions
iPhone user here

Ah, I haven't tried my wife's iPhone and Apple Carplay yet to see if it's the same in my Limited.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Well, I have a Limited, not an ST so our screens are different. This is likely why it goes full screen for me and not you. I think if I had an ST, I might change to the smaller, landscape center screen for these reasons.
Thanks, now I know why.