Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FordPass

Reactions
I recently bought an awesome 2020 ST with 6,600 miles. I love it so far. Quick question. I tried signing up for FordPass and the app says "Activation Pending". It has been a few days now. Who should I contact?

LT Lost

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
You may have to link the vehicle to your wifi because it has to ping your truck. There should have been a pop up when you were last in the truck to confirm.

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You may have to link the vehicle to your wifi because it has to ping your truck. There should have been a pop up when you were last in the truck to confirm.
Thanks for the heads up. I did link my ST to my wifi and can recheck it. There wasn't a pop up last time I was in the truck.

Reactions
Thanks for the heads up. I did link my ST to my wifi and can recheck it. There wasn't a pop up last time I was in the truck.
The WiFi doesn't have anything to do with the FordPass app, it's cellular based. When you are in the vehicle (and on) there should be a pop up that asks you to confirm you want to pair/authorize the vehicle with the app.

OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
When I hit the Activation in Progress in the app a message comes up that says the "activation will be completed once an authorized user approves your request".

Reactions
OP
J
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Many thanks. I had to reset, follow directions and there it is!

Reactions
Since you are the 2nd owner the 1st owner probably has not notified that they no longer own the vehicle. If you purchased from a local Ford dealer they can have the 1st owner removed, and then you can set yourself up.

Reactions
Since you are the 2nd owner the 1st owner probably has not notified that they no longer own the vehicle. If you purchased from a local Ford dealer they can have the 1st owner removed, and then you can set yourself up.
If you do a Master/Factory reset of the sync system it kills any authorized users and notifies them via the app and email. There is no need to have the dealer do anything with that part.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Fordpass , hmmmm.
Never looked into it.

Installed it on my phone. Never looked at it.
Until today.
Took the White Knight in to dealer for first ,1400 mile, oil change.
They ask me if I had Fordpass.
I said yeah , on my phone.

When they were done , we went to cashier. I said what's the damage , I figured $50 +.
She said Ford pass took care of it.
It was $55 total.
I had over 42,000 points from the car purchase.
Cool.

I still got 32,000 points.
Enough for 3 more oil changes.
Cool.
Now I like Fordpass.

Jim

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm going to use the points on a transmission service on my F150. [thumb] You can get an additional 1000 points by signing up for a dealer on Fordpass.