Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FordPass and privacy

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just opened my fordpass app and it wants me to accept “privacy terms” without even showing them..?..

i’m hesitant to hit “accept”, as i fear this is how they secretly send all our driving data to the insurance companies to gouge us on rates.
Thoughts?
IMG_5144.png

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Just opened my fordpass app and it wants me to accept “privacy terms” without even showing them..?..

i’m hesitant to hit “accept”, as i fear this is how they secretly send all our driving data to the insurance companies to gouge us on rates.
Thoughts?
View attachment 23719
You are able to turn the tracking off from insurance via the touchscreen in the car. I think that those terms and conditions are for access to the car to unlock/lock and start the car. I am sure you could look up the terms and conditions online.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Try it again. If it still does not show you can go to the Ford Owners website and login. The same update is there also. It is large.

Drweldin

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Buck - Report back if you find anything out. I've wondered about this exact thing. I scanned the terms and came away with they can share your data with 3rd parties, but don't quote me. I need to re-read as well...
Edit: I think your screen being blank is a fluke. I could read the terms on my phone.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Thanks.. must be a glitch on my phone. Any tips on exactly how to turn off big brother on the touchscreen in car?
(From reply above)

Last edited:

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You can’t actually “turn it off” without disabling the “connected services” modem. I’m looking into it myself and from 2020+ it’s VERY difficult to fully disable Ford’s access to your data/info. I still don’t know the full story yet. You can contact Ford customer service and ask them to stop recording snd sharing your data and they’re supposed to stop by law, but the electronic link is still there to be used illegally or “legally” by corrupt sources.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
I did notice this on my touchscreen today (now that i start digging into the issue); u think take it at face value?
IMG_5147.jpeg

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You can turn those off, but the “connected” modem is still gathering your data which will be sent immediately if it gets turned back on PLUS Ford or any other connected entity can turn it on remotely. That’s not so likely, but is possible none the less. The way all countries’ governments are headed it is just a matter of time before we’re there.
Im still waiting on Ford to “get back with me” to stop selling my data. Whatever that’s worth(less).

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
I
You can turn those off, but the “connected” modem is still gathering your data which will be sent immediately if it gets turned back on PLUS Ford or any other connected entity can turn it on remotely. That’s not so likely, but is possible none the less. The way all countries’ governments are headed it is just a matter of time before we’re there.
Im still waiting on Ford to “get back with me” to stop selling my data. Whatever that’s worth(less).
I guess it is better than nothing to have it off though.

Explorer ST Posts