Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer Platinum
I ordered 4/28/2023 .... my status says "in production" .... with a build week of 7/23/2023 ...... I guess I'm not close????
Mine was built on May 2nd, but then my dealer shows it was moved to the holding area on a “scheduled hold,” so still shows in production, which is now since May 1st [blend date], however, like ‘Tommech’ mentioned above, who can guess once that 360-camera fix is developed just how long it will take to pull all of these being built and placed in storage back into the factory to get the fix added to complete the build.

David-NY

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Mine was built on May 2nd, but then my dealer shows it was moved to the holding area on a “scheduled hold,” so still shows in production, which is now since May 1st [blend date], however, like ‘Tommech’ mentioned above, who can guess once that 360-camera fix is developed just how long it will take to pull all of these being built and placed in storage back into the factory to get the fix added to complete the build.
As much as I like my ST and as much as I want the new one I don’t know if I can wait until this BIG fix is done especially if they are going to hold them all. Sucks.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
Hope the camera recall is fixed by then so the timeline is met…who knows?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I (finally) received my VIN and build is supposed to start Aug 7. Original order was Feb 15 (they claim Feb 9). Will be interesting to see how this all REALLY goes. It, too, is supposed to have a 360 degree camera.
I would expect not get your car delivered for a minimum of 6 months after your order date . Mine has not recalls or holds and my 2023 ST Took 6 months to be delivered. I Would save your self the headache and be prepared to wait

drdroo

Reactions
Vehicle
NA
I would expect not get your car delivered for a minimum of 6 months after your order date . Mine has not recalls or holds and my 2023 ST Took 6 months to be delivered. I Would save your self the headache and be prepared to wait
They're not even building it yet and it'll be basically 6 months then (Feb 9 vs Aug 7), so, yeah, well aware of that.. :) They just finally put it in the schedule and assigned a VIN a week or two ago.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I agree with Tommech and yourself, there is no telling how long it will take. My order date was 3/31/23 and production date was 7/24. It still says "in production" though my dealer tells me "it's been built." I wanted him to send me photos of his screen to see what he sees but no dice. Now the news is that the permanent camera fix won't be available until Q4, and even then I'm not sure how Ford will decide which vehicles to repair and release first so... I guess it's time to decide whether to buckle up and wait it out, or go a different route. I wonder if I'll have the opportunity to purchase one off the lot again before my order is shipped... :unsure:

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
I agree with Tommech and yourself, there is no telling how long it will take. My order date was 3/31/23 and production date was 7/24. It still says "in production" though my dealer tells me "it's been built." I wanted him to send me photos of his screen to see what he sees but no dice. Now the news is that the permanent camera fix won't be available until Q4, and even then I'm not sure how Ford will decide which vehicles to repair and release first so... I guess it's time to decide whether to buckle up and wait it out, or go a different route. I wonder if I'll have the opportunity to purchase one off the lot again before my order is shipped... :unsure:

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer ST
It’s amazing how I can back up my 1967 mustang with no rear camera or 360 camera and simply use my mirrors or turn my head! Heck my car does not even have factory cup holders to hold my drink while backing up