Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Explorer ST Vehicle Order Tracking

kimmonia

Reactions
How long til you get a VIN number after order?

RLW

Reactions
Mine took 6 weeks (February into March), then the process stalled due to the chip shortage. You should do better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keiths2kgt

Reactions
Is the order number on the window sticker anywhere?

RLW

Reactions
I don’t see it on mine. Got it from the salesman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dtmenace

Reactions
Is there a way to check status without an order number? My vehicle is listed as dealer purchased, so I have no code.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
If you left the deposit, order # is on the slip (4 digits). Takes 4-6 weeks to get your vin and then you can track.

Reactions
On the window sticker the order number is the 4 digits after the dash in the box that says item #. Near the bottom.

Last edited:

Tenshun

Reactions
Is Ford offering any incentives for us having to wait so long for these orders? Screenshot_20210815-021305_Chrome.jpg

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I ordered mine 6 weeks before you and got it in 3 months.

dtmenace

Reactions
On the window sticker the order number is the 4 digits after the dash in the box that says item #. Near the bottom.
On more than half of the window stickers I’ve looked at, it’s 3 numbers and a letter, and it didn’t work for the others I’ve tried.

Reactions
On more than half of the window stickers I’ve looked at, it’s 3 numbers and a letter, and it didn’t work for the others I’ve tried.

Hmm that’s strange that’s the only way it worked for me. Mine is “Dealer ordered” so I didn’t get an order number from them, but it worked when I used the item number. My order number is F309. Here’s my window sticker and where I’m at with production.

Attachments

Reactions
Hmm that’s strange that’s the only way it worked for me. Mine is “Dealer ordered” so I didn’t get an order number from them, but it worked when I used the item number. My order number is F309. Here’s my window sticker and where I’m at with production.
7 months until delivery and now I see 6 months for yours. I placed an order June 4th and definitely don’t want to wait 7 months to get a 2021! I may just cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
7 months until delivery and now I see 6 months for yours. I placed an order June 4th and definitely don’t want to wait 7 months to get a 2021! I may just cancel.
FWIW I ordered mine on June 25th and have a production date of October 10th, potential delivery by the end of October / first week in November. So just about 4 months, I would think you have a production date already if you ordered at the beginning of June?

Reactions
The site just shows “Order Placed” for my ST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
That's what mine says on the site too, but when I called my dealer they had a specific build date. I guess they have access to more info than the site gives us.

Tenshun

Reactions
Wow that is absolutely insane!! I feel like your order got lost or something. That seems crazy.
Yes, it's insane. And my sales-guy ain't doin me any favors either.