Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Performance ST Experience Ashville May 19th and 20th, 2021

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The wife and I had a blast . Learned a lot about the vehicle operation and it's capabilities. Met forum member Dave G ST and a lot of other good people. Biltmore was great. Overall a good time! Drove the ST's hard at times in the autocross and evasive maneuvers.
IMG_1451 (2).JPG IMG_1456 (2).JPG IMG_1457 (2).JPG IMG_1458 (2).JPG IMG_1474 (2).JPG IMG_1469 (2).JPG

Reactions
Nice. I just got back from Park City. Same fun time.

housegsx

Reactions
Glad to hear it was fun! We are scheduled to go in August. Did they give you tickets for the Biltmore? I am just wondering since it's a quick one night stay which day you went, the day you got there or some time the next day after the ST Experience?

OP
Autoworker

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Glad to hear it was fun! We are scheduled to go in August. Did they give you tickets for the Biltmore? I am just wondering since it's a quick one night stay which day you went, the day you got there or some time the next day after the ST Experience?
We stayed an extra night, registering in January. They gave us the option of going to Biltmore the next day. They sent us tickets on line at no charge. I would contact them if you plan on staying another day. We got the extra night at the ST Experience Rate.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm heading to Ashville with my wife this coming week for the ST Experience. We'll be staying an extra night at the Biltmore. Looking forward to it! Any advice for must-do activities? I'll be driving there from Pittsburgh, PA.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'm heading to Ashville with my wife this coming week for the ST Experience. We'll be staying an extra night at the Biltmore. Looking forward to it! Any advice for must-do activities? I'll be driving there from Pittsburgh, PA.
At the Biltmore, spring for the "Architect's tour". You'll get to see rooms no one else sees, and also see construction details in the roofs. Not to mention up close convos with the gargoyles!
Treetops park is also a neat place if you like ziplines, etc. And of course, there are several places to go rafting or canoeing if you have extra time.

Reactions
BEER!!!!! Asheville has some excellent craft breweries..straw away from wicked Weed. Good beer,good venue but the founders sold out to "the Man" InBev. Hi-wire excellent, Burial excellent has best west coast IPA, many more! Enjoy and remember drive their car like you stole it!!!!

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
At the Biltmore, spring for the "Architect's tour". You'll get to see rooms no one else sees, and also see construction details in the roofs. Not to mention up close convos with the gargoyles!
Treetops park is also a neat place if you like ziplines, etc. And of course, there are several places to go rafting or canoeing if you have extra time.
Thanks both. This is perfect, thanks. I think we're on for the tour, but I'll make sure. @mwinn ha, everyone I tell about our trip says to get beer options there. someone gave me a Highland Red Ale today which is from Asheville and was really good! I'll try to make the most of the time. Kirk

Reactions
Thanks both. This is perfect, thanks. I think we're on for the tour, but I'll make sure. @mwinn ha, everyone I tell about our trip says to get beer options there. someone gave me a Highland Red Ale today which is from Asheville and was really good! I'll try to make the most of the time. Kirk
Highland is good. Long time brewery. One of the bigger ones. Ones I mentioned are smaller more boutiquish. If you like interesting beer it's all good. Enjoy, Asheville is a fun place.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
The wife and I had a blast . Learned a lot about the vehicle operation and it's capabilities. Met forum member Dave G ST and a lot of other good people. Biltmore was great. Overall a good time! Drove the ST's hard at times in the autocross and evasive maneuvers.
View attachment 5926 View attachment 5927 View attachment 5928 View attachment 5929 View attachment 5930 View attachment 5931
We just got back from this. So much fun!