Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FORD PERFOMANCE DOOR SILL REPLACEMENT?

MikeyBK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
New to the group. (21 ST street pkg)
I am unable to find the Ford Performance Door sill protector plates anywhere.

Any idea where I can get them? kids/wife scratched both of them and it drives me insane.

Thanks,

Mike

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Very interesting you post this, as somehow my driver's side Ford Performance door sill plate has a gash across it.

I was thinking I need to call the dealer's Parts Department to replace it. Will get back to you ...

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I just called the dealer's Parts Dept. They said the Ford Performance sill plate is part of that entire trim piece and costs $191.00 EACH and has to be ordered (4-5 days).
They said if I want it installed through the dealer's Body Shop I'd have to stop by and they would write me an estimate.

Now I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm guessing it's something I could do myself. Going outside to check now, will get back to you ...

UPDATE: That piece of trim is 2 1/2 feet long and extends forward past (and behind) the hood release, and back towards the area of the middle of the front seat. That's why they're $191 each, so with tax it'll cost over $400 for the pair. I don't see any visible screws, so I'm guessing it just pops out?

Last edited:
OP
M

MikeyBK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I just called the dealer's Parts Dept. They said the Ford Performance sill plate is part of that entire trim piece and costs $191.00 EACH and has to be ordered (4-5 days).
They said if I want it installed through the dealer's Body Shop I'd have to stop by and they would write me an estimate.

Now I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm guessing it's something I could do myself. Going outside to check now, will get back to you ...

UPDATE: That piece of trim is 2 1/2 feet long and extends forward past (and behind) the hood release, and back towards the area of the middle of the front seat. That's why they're $191 each, so with tax it'll cost over $400 for the pair. I don't see any visible screws, so I'm guessing it just pops out?
wow. That sucks. But its just clips on that piece. Should be an easy job. But I may just get overlays on ebay. Let me know how yours goes if you do it. Thanks for the reply.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
wow. That sucks. But its just clips on that piece. Should be an easy job. But I may just get overlays on ebay. Let me know how yours goes if you do it. Thanks for the reply.
Well, I was going to do it. But $191 for something I don't usually see that I step over with my foot ... nah.

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
An ST Performance sill plate illuminated in red would be awesome.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Can try salvage? Absolute best bet for odds and ends parts like this where dealer pricing may be over the top. If not eBay, then a quick search may find a better price.

http://www.car-part.com/

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer 2021
Hello, I also have this problem with my ST Line, the parts are only available as a whole part with the door trim, I have completely covered my interior parts with Alcantara film and also had to remove the shield, it is fastened with aluminium clips which also tend to break.

My tip for fixing this would be to simply remove it and foil the panel with printed film (i.e. replicate the Ford Performance).

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 explorer st
Any new word on door sill replacement pieces?

Explorer ST Posts