Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ford Pass App

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
So can Ford see that you tuned your vehicle just by using the Ford Pass App? Dealer said they can read all remote codes and other system info remotely. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
If you have it enabled such that you can see your vehicle info in the app, them yes Ford can see anything the vehicle records, IF they know your VIN. The app software doesn't let you do all that, but Ford can because you consented by enabling the data transmission. So, for the "convenience" of the app functions, you allow Ford full access to all your vehicle data. They can't see a specific "tune", but they can see the reflash date/time and the key cycles, to deduce there was something done to the vehicle. There's one thing I don't know about and that is if they can see the current calibration number of the data loaded. It's likely possible, but I can't say.

Note that you can turn that vehicle access OFF in the vehicle SYNC menu, but you lose the capability as well.

Last edited:
OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
If you have it enabled such that you can see your vehicle info in the app, them yes Ford can see anything the vehicle records, IF they know your VIN. The app software doesn't let you do all that, but Ford can because you consented by enabling the data transmission. So, for the "convenience" of the app functions, you allow Ford full access to all your vehicle data. They can't see a specific "tune", but they can see the reflash date/time and the key cycles, to deduce there was something done to the vehicle. There's one thing I don't know about and that is if they can see the current calibration number of the data loaded. It's likely possible, but I can't say.

Note that you can turn that vehicle access OFF in the vehicle SYNC menu, but you lose the capability as well.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t have think about this when I installed my app. I have a tune so hopefully they don’t know yet. Disconnecting now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk