Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Floor Liners

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
I have been a WetherTech fan for years and years. I recently bought my 2020 St and it came with Ford floor liners, I didn't order them but they were already installed in the vehicle. I thought when I took possession of my St that I would be replacing them with my favored WestherTech's BUT after a couple weeks and some rough treatment I have definitely decided to keep them as they are really, really nice.
They are more rubber than composite and their fitment is nothing short of OUTSTANDING! No mater how good the WeatherTech fit, I ALWAYS had some debris get between the floor liners and the carpet, not a lot but always a small bit. I routinely travel to a wooded area for recreational purposed and it is either sandy or muddy depending on the weather. Well I've made several trips to this area in both wet and dry conditions and NOTHING has gotten past the Ford floor liners, NOTHING!
I am beyond Super Impressed!
I just thought I would shar this tidbit of information with you... :)

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You are lucky. I had cheap thin carpet in mine and had to order the Ford all weather liners. They are great, I'll agree with you.

Reactions
I'm a weather tech guy and mine came with the ford ones as well. They are nice, but if it was my own coin I'd still go with WT, but I agree they are nice quality, certainly appreciate having them

Wildogz78

Reactions
Got the Weathertech ones in black. They fit perfectly. Even line up to the floor mounts for both driver and passenger

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Has anyone seen a tailgate liner that can fold up with the seats? I realize any fold would probably let water through, but I'm mostly worried about dirt. It just seems dumb that the hard rubber liners need to be totally removed if you use the 3rd row seats. The other option is to just buy the very short liner for when the 3rd row is up. TIA

OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Has anyone seen a tailgate liner that can fold up with the seats? I realize any fold would probably let water through, but I'm mostly worried about dirt. It just seems dumb that the hard rubber liners need to be totally removed if you use the 3rd row seats. The other option is to just buy the very short liner for when the 3rd row is up. TIA
Then you'd have to store the full size one and in turn store the small one when you use the full size liner.
I'd buy a foldable liner if they ever become available...

Reactions
I also got the Ford weather liners with my vehicle and they are really good. I almost ordered the weathertech ones but when I used the Ford ones for a few days, I realized I don't have to spend the money now. Will wait and once these start wearing, will get the weathertech ones.

2020is

Reactions
Is there a special ST version from Ford or just explorer liners? New '21 only has carpet mats and I usually purchase the Husky liners. Had Ford liners in the Raptor that I enjoyed so might want to go with Ford over Husky on this one. Any pictures of the factory liners?

OP
CoastieN70

CoastieN70

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Is there a special ST version from Ford or just explorer liners? New '21 only has carpet mats and I usually purchase the Husky liners. Had Ford liners in the Raptor that I enjoyed so might want to go with Ford over Husky on this one. Any pictures of the factory liners?
No ST specific liners, mine just say Explorer. But I really do like them and I was a dyed in the wool Weather Tech Guy...

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
No ST specific liners, mine just say Explorer. But I really do like them and I was a dyed in the wool Weather Tech Guy...
Ditto...^^^

Jim

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I agree. I am very impressed with the Ford liners. I have always been a WeatherTech guy (just ordered a full set for the wife's new car) but will stick with these until they give me a reason not to.

Blackssr

Reactions

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I am finding the factory liners have a slick finish. My feet want to slide on them. That may get better as they wear in a little.

Blackssr

Reactions
I am finding the factory liners have a slick finish. My feet want to slide on them. That may get better as they wear in a little.
I was concerned of the same issue when I purchased smartliner. Not slippery at all. They have almost a rubber grippy feel to them. Especially true with the rear section to keep things from sliding around. Overall I am very happy with the look and feel.

Reactions
Random question here.

I threw in the Ford OEM all weather liners today. (LB5Z7813300AA). Started by snapping in the two anchors on the front drivers floor liner.

Moving to the front passenger liner, it has a single anchor hole, but no anchor in the footwell of the car.

Not a big deal, they fit great, but there’s an unused, unplugged hole in the passenger liner.

I assume this is normal? Or am I missing the retention post/anchor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Highly recommend these!
Me too, completely satisfied. The carton was short one mat and they made it right immediately.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Me too, completely satisfied. The carton was short one mat and they made it right immediately.
That’s good to hear! But yeah mine have settled in so nicely. They’re so nice. No gaps at all.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Random question here.

I threw in the Ford OEM all weather liners today. (LB5Z7813300AA). Started by snapping in the two anchors on the front drivers floor liner.

Moving to the front passenger liner, it has a single anchor hole, but no anchor in the footwell of the car.

Not a big deal, they fit great, but there’s an unused, unplugged hole in the passenger liner.

I assume this is normal? Or am I missing the retention post/anchor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine seems to be attached to an anchor point (or it fits really, really well) because I tried to lift it up, but I didn't try to remove it..

Attachments