Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

First wash with Chemical Bros Products

Reactions
I usually try to avoid products that have a huge advertising budget because there's usually a reason for it I learned this using Advanced Nutrients for a grow season. I wanted to go ahead and try out chemical Brothers since I've heard a lot of good things I tried out their ceramic wash and wax and its a great product nice shine and a great bead. I did a quick foam spray and bucket wash. I snapped a little before picture when we were staying at the Holiday inn this morning to watch fireworks last night I can definitely tell a difference I only wash the car a couple days ago and it looks night and day.

Attachments

Reactions
As long as you are happy with the results that is what matters.

I use Koch-Chemie GSF, CarPro Reset, and Chemical Guys Honeydew shampoo all for different cars and I always manage to get the same result. :LOL: A clean vehicle!

Looking good!

Reactions
I’m almost out of products and am going to get CG a shot. I really need tire and wheel cleaner, tire shine, and a wax or ceramic spray for the paint.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I’m almost out of products and am going to get CG a shot. I really need tire and wheel cleaner, tire shine, and a wax or ceramic spray for the paint.
I tried a smaller bottle first to see if I liked it and will probably do the same with all the products then buy in bulk later whichever ones I like.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
As long as you are happy with the results that is what matters.

I use Koch-Chemie GSF, CarPro Reset, and Chemical Guys Honeydew shampoo all for different cars and I always manage to get the same result. :LOL: A clean vehicle!

Looking good!
I haven't ventured far into car wash care in the past. Mostly just the 5 piece turtle wax kits. So this is all new to me. I can honestly say I can tell a difference in using a better product in my case. I'll have to look into some of the other brands you mentioned I'm not familiar with them.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... I wanted to go ahead and try out chemical Brothers since I've heard a lot of good things I tried out their ceramic wash and wax and its a great product nice shine and a great bead ...
Your ST is my twin! Lol The longer I have it, the more I'm liking the silver 20" wheels with the Iconic Silver paint.

Talking ceramic products, I had used Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray on my black Stinger GT. It was great for great for quick detailing and keeping it glossy, but on my Iconic Silver ST I swear I can't tell the difference? And the Iconic Silver ST only needs washing once a week vs. the 3 times a week my black Stinger GT needed.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Your ST is my twin! Lol The longer I have it, the more I'm liking the silver 20" wheels with the Iconic Silver paint.

Talking ceramic products, I had used Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray on my black Stinger GT. It was great for great for quick detailing and keeping it glossy, but on my Iconic Silver ST I swear I can't tell the difference? And the Iconic Silver ST only needs washing once a week vs. the 3 times a week my black Stinger GT needed.

I'll have to give technician's choice a try I never seen it before. I really wanted Atlas blue to start with but my wife is the reason that we went with silver and now it's really grown on me and I love it. From the beginning I knew I didn't want to sunroof and I didn't want to go with the street pack only because of the 21-in wheels my Malibu had 19-in wheels from the factory and it was a nightmare driving on the Long Island expressway. Although the upgraded brakes would have been a welcome addition. I do you like looking a little different also 90% of the ST's that I see have the 21 wheels on them. On the white ones it looks really good! I may wind up getting another set of wheels so the 20-in wheels will look great for winter especially being in upstate New York I have the Michelin cross climates on them right now.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I'll have to give technician's choice a try I never seen it before. I really wanted Atlas blue to start with but my wife is the reason that we went with silver and now it's really grown on me and I love it ... Although the upgraded brakes would have been a welcome addition ... I do ... like looking a little different also 90% of the ST's ... the 20-in wheels will look great for winter especially being in upstate New York I have the Michelin cross climates on them right now.
I found the Technicians Choice really lit up the black paint on my Stinger GT, but not seeing an incredible difference with it on my ST's Iconic Silver?
I can't imagine how good the upgraded brakes are, because the standard brakes on my ST are so freaking good.
And the 20" have to be more resistant to curb rash than 21", narrower profile better for Winter too.

Reactions
I haven't ventured far into car wash care in the past. Mostly just the 5 piece turtle wax kits. So this is all new to me. I can honestly say I can tell a difference in using a better product in my case. I'll have to look into some of the other brands you mentioned I'm not familiar with them.
There is a small difference in better products and an associated cost increase too. To me, it all depends on what results you're looking for, how OCD you are about your car detailing, and your budget. What mitt do you use, do you use a 1 bucket or 2 bucket method, what wax/ceramic protection is on the Explorer...blah blah blah.

I like to switch off between the CarPro Reset and the Chemical Guys Honeydew product. The Koch Chemie GSF is fine, but not worth the extra $$.

The experience of finding what you like and your paint responds to if all part of the journey.

STayFord

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I usually try to avoid products that have a huge advertising budget because there's usually a reason for it I learned this using Advanced Nutrients for a grow season. I wanted to go ahead and try out chemical Brothers since I've heard a lot of good things I tried out their ceramic wash and wax and its a great product nice shine and a great bead. I did a quick foam spray and bucket wash. I snapped a little before picture when we were staying at the Holiday inn this morning to watch fireworks last night I can definitely tell a difference I only wash the car a couple days ago and it looks night and day.
Looks great! I thought black wheels was the true way to go, but your pics changed my mind. Those silver wheels are a perfect match for the silver paint. Very sharp and clean.

Haven't tried Chemical Bro's Hydro Suds, but I'm a huge fan of a handfull of their other products (interior cleaner, etc). I swear by Optimum's NO Rinse solution though along the with 2 bucket method. This seems to be very similar. Amazon sells the Optimum NO Rinse in large quantities.

OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Looks great! I thought black wheels was the true way to go, but your pics changed my mind. Those silver wheels are a perfect match for the silver paint. Very sharp and clean.

Haven't tried Chemical Bro's Hydro Suds, but I'm a huge fan of a handfull of their other products (interior cleaner, etc). I swear by Optimum's NO Rinse solution though along the with 2 bucket method. This seems to be very similar. Amazon sells the Optimum NO Rinse in large quantities.
Thanks! The silver grew on me for sure. I'll have to give Optimums a look. Thanks for the feedback

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
OP
STupidExplorer
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
I've heard good stuff about Adams!

Reactions
I've had great luck with Jax Wax products. They're pretty much all I use, except I do use Adam's glass cleaner, and glass sealant.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Went to my local detail garage grand opening and picked up some supplies to wash my ST. Can’t wait to get it all cleaned up and waxed.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Went to my local detail garage grand opening and picked up some supplies to wash my ST. Can’t wait to get it all cleaned up and waxed.
Adams?....Turtle WAx?....what di you get?.....hopefully something with Graphene ceramic?

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Chemical guys products. Detail garage is their brick and mortar stores. No ceramics. I’ll post a pic of my haul tmw.