Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

First time Explorer owner

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My wife and I just purchased a 2023 Explorer ST in Carbonized Gray. It's the first Explorer we've ever purchased. The test drive was fantastic, my wife was sold and done looking after that...
These STs are very nicely equipped. Other than tinting the front side windows we can't see anything else to do, except maybe a tune.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Welcome and very nice choice on the color, i'm partial myself as you can see by my profile lol.

You've come to the right place for options to modifying in ways you may not have thought about before. Enjoy and happy modding!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My wife and I just purchased a 2023 Explorer ST in Carbonized Gray. It's the first Explorer we've ever purchased. The test drive was fantastic, my wife was sold and done looking after that...
These STs are very nicely equipped. Other than tinting the front side windows we can't see anything else to do, except maybe a tune.
Welcome to the forum.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks guys

mdexpst

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Stone Blue Metallic
Welcome!

FreddyB

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, she doesn't want the front window tint, but can't wait for the Jb4 tuner install. She also wants the the new Whipple intercooler and down pipe and exhaust . She always drives in ECO. BUT wants a sleeper. My son bought the new BNW and she wants to beat that...it's in her blood. Overall, a badass daily. She loves the black on black

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
A tune will really wake up the vehicle! Welcome to the group!!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congratulations and welcome.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #9
A tune will really wake up the vehicle! Welcome to the group!!
Thanks! Compared to what we had/have it runs pretty darn good. But, I've been looking at tunes... Any recommendations on whose to use? I'm most concerned about reliability and tuner support for any issues. Definitely not interested in Ford Performance though, looks the gains are pretty small.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thanks! Compared to what we had/have it runs pretty darn good. But, I've been looking at tunes... Any recommendations on whose to use? I'm most concerned about reliability and tuner support for any issues. Definitely not interested in Ford Performance though, looks the gains are pretty small.
ZFG if you aren't worried about the factory warranty.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/

gofishn

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Just so you know:
Any 'Tune", other than ford performance 'Tune', will void your factory warranty, as well as, any extended service contract that you may have pruchased.

Ford Performance "Tune" is wimpy specifically because it is covered, by Ford facotry Warranty & Ford's extended Serice contracts.
Hence, their Tune does not push the envelope, to I don't give a crap, let's blow the motor, if we have to, but I want every ounce of Horse Power out of this thing, until she dies.

FreddyB

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thanks! Compared to what we had/have it runs pretty darn good. But, I've been looking at tunes... Any recommendations on whose to use? I'm most concerned about reliability and tuner support for any issues. Definitely not interested in Ford Performance though, looks the gains are pretty small.[/QUOT
I got the JB4, I was worried about warranty problems. It was recommended by my service advisor, he even showed me where the tuner harness connects to. 2 map sensors

ST Maxwell

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
The wife and I got ours this last Tuesday. Got it back from the tint shop yesterday. I called and made an appointment as I was pulling out of the dealership. I did 20% on the front windows and then 50% on the back windows. The ceramic tint that he did was some new fancy crap that was better than the regular ceramic tint and the lightest it came was 50%. I then had him do the mid grade ceramic tint on the moonroof because it came 80%.

562032DC-C705-46B4-8C2C-18485F2713B6_1_105_c.jpeg

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
I don't have a photo but we just did 26% ceramic on the front. We'll probably take it back and do 80% on the windshield and sunroof.