Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

finally test drove a '23

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
this will be my wife's primary, coming from a Focus ST - she's appreciating the extra room and higher seating position - although, the FoST is quite a fun car :)

Stone Blue with 401a, tech package, moonroof, etc. Pretty much everything except massaging seats
I personally didn't drive it, but she loved it - for stock they do move out pretty rapidly - impressed with the handling and comfort... the iPad center dash is 'ok' just will take getting used to...

the dealership was super busy and when we returned our sales guy was out with another test drive - so we left LOL
hoping to get the car for X-Plan pricing, this dealership marks up all their cars... they had a GT500 for $184K

maybe soon!!!

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
They won't give you x-plan on anything on the lot. They go too fast for them to care. Only way you'll get x-plan is to order one yourself.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
we will see, the internet sales guy said they use x-plan, but is checking with his manager - Explorer ST isn't on the deny list, so that does help...

i've used x-plan a few times before on cars on the lot - so we'll see

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
this will be my wife's primary, coming from a Focus ST - she's appreciating the extra room and higher seating position - although, the FoST is quite a fun car :)

Stone Blue with 401a, tech package, moonroof, etc. Pretty much everything except massaging seats
I personally didn't drive it, but she loved it - for stock they do move out pretty rapidly - impressed with the handling and comfort... the iPad center dash is 'ok' just will take getting used to...

the dealership was super busy and when we returned our sales guy was out with another test drive - so we left LOL
hoping to get the car for X-Plan pricing, this dealership marks up all their cars... they had a GT500 for $184K

maybe soon!!!
Welcome to the forum.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
well, they won't do X-Plan... but will do MSRP

Last edited:

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
well, they won't do X-Plan... but will do MSRP
Order one.... Seriously do not pay them a dime over what you are eligible to receive.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
what's the cost diff of x-plan vs MSRP? IMHO it was maybe $500-$1k

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
It was $2100 on mine. 20220116_150333.jpg

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
what's the cost diff of x-plan vs MSRP? IMHO it was maybe $500-$1k
In general it's enough to pay your taxes on the vehicle for you, at least in my state. Mine was around 2200 total. My out the door cost with taxes was basically the window sticker price.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
wish it was that nice in CA! figure 10% for tax/tags/registration :sick:

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
My state is roughly 7%. So you aren't too far off even in Cali.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
guess I'm trying to understand the pricing, at your 7% $2200, the vehicle cost about $32k...

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Apologies I got my numbers slightly off. Tax was 3869 and my price was 57.5k. I was out the door 1k over the window sticker which was 60.5k. so X-plan was roughly 3k.

X-Plan also lowers some of your dealers fees. At least that's what they told me.

OP
Toadster

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
yep, x-plan is optional for dealers - in this market, lucky to get sticker (at least off the lot)

i bought my Raptor out of state because dealers here wouldn't take less than $40k over sticker... flew to colorado and drove it home, saved over $35K :) LOL

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Honestly you should get a special order a lot faster than last year. It saves you some time and I think explorer orders are still getting 1500 off as well.

Edit it's 1000. You get the incentives at the time of your order. So you can get some extra off if you put one in now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
yep, x-plan is optional for dealers - in this market, lucky to get sticker (at least off the lot)

i bought my Raptor out of state because dealers here wouldn't take less than $40k over sticker... flew to colorado and drove it home, saved over $35K :) LOL
Folsom Lake Ford May do X-Plan but future ford and roseville ford wont discount at all.

I got mine from Folsom and got 3k off of MSRP. I can get you my sales guys info. he has been there for 10 years and is a straight shooter.

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
and is a straight shooter.
With middle management written all over him.