Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Finally have the 2021 Explorer ST

Reactions
I've been on here for a bit now but finally got the buyback of the Edge ST and took the Carbonized Gray Explorer ST home today. I've had it for about 5 hours and already swapped out the rear lights for LED's and used FORScan to disable the hyperflash, double honk, and enable Bambi mode. With a little time I'll get the Livernoise tune (already had the device and tune for the Edge) and have that until I want to invest in another tuner. I also have the smoke Lamin-x for the rear reflectors that I will do. And Friday it goes in for a clear bra since Arizona tears up the front end of a vehicle.

Blackssr

Reactions
I've been on here for a bit now but finally got the buyback of the Edge ST and took the Carbonized Gray Explorer ST home today. I've had it for about 5 hours and already swapped out the rear lights for LED's and used FORScan to disable the hyperflash, double honk, and enable Bambi mode. With a little time I'll get the Livernoise tune (already had the device and tune for the Edge) and have that until I want to invest in another tuner. I also have the smoke Lamin-x for the rear reflectors that I will do. And Friday it goes in for a clear bra since Arizona tears up the front end of a vehicle.
Good luck and congrats .. what is hyperflash?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Good luck and congrats .. what is hyperflash?
when you swap non-led bulbs for led bulbs, they blink super fast. changing the forscan code tells your truck that they are led and to blink at a different speed. its caused by the difference in power draw. some led bulbs come with relay harnesses that trick the vehicle into thinking the bulb is incadescent but those are expensive and tend to break.

Reactions
when you swap non-led bulbs for led bulbs, they blink super fast. changing the forscan code tells your truck that they are led and to blink at a different speed. its caused by the difference in power draw. some led bulbs come with relay harnesses that trick the vehicle into thinking the bulb is incadescent but those are expensive and tend to break.
Does your 2021 front camera located in the grille have the little sprayer under it. Just noticed mine does not. The 2020s did have a little sprayer. Now there is just an empty spot right under the camera. Under the front grille badge.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Does your 2021 front camera located in the grille have the little sprayer under it. Just noticed mine does not. The 2020s did have a little sprayer. Now there is just an empty spot right under the camera. Under the front grille badge.
I just looked and there is no sprayer on the front camera

Blackssr

Reactions
Thank you so much for the explanation now I get it... I was going to change the LEDs out and you saved me a great deal of frustration. Much appreciated.

okfoz

Reactions
My Late 2020 C88654 I do not think has the little sprayer on the front, my rear camera does however. I will have to check that out.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
My Late 2020 C88654 I do not think has the little sprayer on the front, my rear camera does however. I will have to check that out.
I know the rear camera has it for sure on mine

Jamackabi

Reactions
I know the rear camera has it for sure on mine
Any reason they didn’t include it for 2021? Was it missed in the factory? I’ve been complaining to myself for a few weeks now that my front camera sprayer isn’t working, now I’m thinking mine is like yours and it isn’t even there! Will have to check later today.

Reactions
Welcome!

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Any reason they didn’t include it for 2021? Was it missed in the factory? I’ve been complaining to myself for a few weeks now that my front camera sprayer isn’t working, now I’m thinking mine is like yours and it isn’t even there! Will have to check later today.
I can only guess it's a cost savings thing for them. The area for it to be there in the grill is still there which I find funny. I also think it's odd that the passenger floor liner has the hole for it to be secured to the floor like the drivers, yet that post/clip isn't on the passenger side! So there is a hole that water, dirt, whatever can actually get through.

Reactions
Hyper flash is designed to tell you when one of your turn signal bulbs is out. The circuit detects low resistance and flashes quickly to warn you. When you install LED bulbs, the resistance is much lower so hyper flash occurs. As was said, LED’s are available with resistors to mimic standard bulbs but they get hot. With those LEDS, you’ll still have the advantage of hyper flash occurring if one fails. I used non resistor LED’s and used ForScan to disable hyper flash. I don’t like the idea of heat in a small sealed area. I did LED’s for turn, backup and license plate.

Reactions
Can you post the codes for FORScan. I did this on my 2017 f250. I disabled the double honk, seatbelt chime, I was able to also change where I can type into GPS while driving, and a few other things.

OP
boosted_st
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Can you post the codes for FORScan. I did this on my 2017 f250. I disabled the double honk, seatbelt chime, I was able to also change where I can type into GPS while driving, and a few other things.
There are a couple threads on the FORScan codes, if I can find them I'll try to remember to link back to them