Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Finally!! After nine months!! My ST is here!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Great shot of the ST draped under the US Flag.(y)
'
Murica!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Congrats!

Reactions
Congrats!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

Reactions
Welcome the forum!

atlewis1

Reactions
Congrats! How long did it take to address the recall? Mine has been on my dealer’s lot for over a week waiting for the recall to be addressed??

amr19

Reactions
Yay! What was the timeline of your order? Order date... in production etc? I'm still waiting since October

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Looking great and congrats!

OP
M

Milan74

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Yay! What was the timeline of your order? Order date... in production etc? I'm still waiting since October
Ordered Aug 27, 2021. Went into production on Nov 14, 2021. Picked up from Dealership May 19th. I have to say at least Ford didn’t remove any options that I ordered. Actually have a complete vehicle.

OP
M

Milan74

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
Congrats! How long did it take to address the recall? Mine has been on my dealer’s lot for over a week waiting for the recall to be addressed??
The day after my ST arrived at the dealership. I went to pick it up and of course the dreaded stop sale was given. I was seriously frustrated! Spoke to the service manager to see what could be done. Within 24 hours they had the pcm updated! Took the vehicle home the next day! I’m not sure why other dealerships don’t have the update yet? One weird thing is they said they required a signed purchase agreement in order the get the update from Ford. Not sure if that’s true or not?

amr19

Reactions
Ordered Aug 27, 2021. Went into production on Nov 14, 2021. Picked up from Dealership May 19th. I have to say at least Ford didn’t remove any options that I ordered. Actually have a complete vehicle.
Awesome! Congrats! So there's hope for me lol order 10/15 went into production 11/23 and been sitting at the auto auction since 1/22. Hopefully I'm soon!

Reactions
Awesome! Congrats! So there's hope for me lol order 10/15 went into production 11/23 and been sitting at the auto auction since 1/22. Hopefully I'm soon!
Me too!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
How on earth do people wait 9 months for a vehicle? Lol

When I develop an interest, I start searching dealer lots and usually have it in my driveway in less than 2 weeks. Most of the time, in less than 1 week.

kldymond81

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I ordered mine toward the end of April. I opted out of the rear climate controls, which they said would have taken longer. I also had ordered a Bronco with a hard top last year, and my wife finally talked me into the Explorer. vGlad she did. So maybe already having a Bronco on order bumped me up? It was in production May 6th.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... I opted out of the rear climate controls, which they said would have taken longer. I also had ordered a Bronco with a hard top last year ...
How can time be saved by opting out of something that FORD isn't installing anyways? I also was told by my dealer the only vehicle they were marking up $5,000 over sticker was the Bronco.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
How can time be saved by opting out of something that FORD isn't installing anyways? I also was told by my dealer the only vehicle they were marking up $5,000 over sticker was the Bronco.
I have no idea. This guy has been waiting since Oct. I ordered mine in April and got it in July. Just trying to help. I'm not sure what marking up has to do with this, but dealerships are marking up a bunch of new vehicles. Not just the Bronco, but especially the Bronco. The reason I picked my dealership is not only past history but in their reviews people pointed out that they weren't marked up.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have no idea. This guy has been waiting since Oct. I ordered mine in April and got it in July. Just trying to help. I'm not sure what marking up has to do with this, but dealerships are marking up a bunch of new vehicles. Not just the Bronco, but especially the Bronco. The reason I picked my dealership is not only past history but in their reviews people pointed out that they weren't marked up.
Just analyzing things. You mentioned Bronco so I relayed the info that my dealer marked them up $5k. Got my '22 ST from them at sticker, won't pay a nickel over that.

Last edited: