Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FenFab vs SPD

Reactions
Need catted downpipes. Far as I can tell SPD was the only game in town until recently. Big fan of the work I’ve seen from FenFab and know there’s been a couple of QC issues with the SPDs. What say the group. What’s the better buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I can't compare the two, but I can say the FenFab pipes are worth every penny. I've had them on for about 1k miles and love them. To be fair , lots of manufacturers have "issues" at some point or another.

Reactions
I'm admittedly biased since I'm working with FenFab but it's just a fact that FenFab is 1) cheaper 2) better material (important in places that have harsh winters) and quality and 3) can customize what cat you want.

Wrxs75

Reactions
I've seen posts now with welds failing on SPD pipes..

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I can't compare the two, but I can say the FenFab pipes are worth every penny. I've had them on for about 1k miles and love them. To be fair , lots of manufacturers have "issues" at some point or another.
Thanks for the testimonial. Fair point around issues.

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I'm admittedly biased since I'm working with FenFab but it's just a fact that FenFab is 1) cheaper 2) better material (important in places that have harsh winters) and quality and 3) can customize what cat you want.
All the things I had in mind and made me ask the question. Thanks!

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Yeah I saw the misplaced bung and one leaking around the turbo side collar. Like BIGJ1982 alluded to, not unusual per se but given these things aren’t the easiest install, don’t want to have to pull them out to swap if it can be helped.

Reactions
Is that your ST on the rollers at BCP?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes it is I went today with Brett from FenFab - where did you see that? I don't see anything on their Instagram.
It was on FB. Brett posted on High Performance Explorer ST...which I just happen to help run. lol

Reactions
It was on FB. Brett posted on High Performance Explorer ST...which I just happen to help run. lol
Lol ohhhh!!! I haven't been on Facebook in so so long but I may have to go back on for this group...