Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Falkin WildPeak A/T Trail tires on stock 21" rims

tbattista

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hi all,

I am going to be needing new tires very soon. My wife and I like to drive up on the beaches here in North East Florida during the summer and I want something with a bit more bite so I can comfortably drive on some of the thicker sand without the fear of getting stuck. It has been impossible to find a meatier tire that will fit on a 21" rim, then I came across the Falkin Wildpeak A/T Trail tires. Has anyone used these? If so, could you share some pix and your experience with them?

Thanks so much!

Falken WildPeak A/T Trail | 265/45R21 (tirerack.com)
1705507728006.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Dspyv

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ford explorer ST
We still have the stock tires on our ST, but I had these on another truck in a larger size. On that truck, I would say they were the best looking, riding and all around tire I have had for the money on any vehicle. At 30k miles they had 60-70 tread left. However, the experience and everything else may be different with the lower profile tires

OP
T

tbattista

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
We still have the stock tires on our ST, but I had these on another truck in a larger size. On that truck, I would say they were the best looking, riding and all around tire I have had for the money on any vehicle. At 30k miles they had 60-70 tread left. However, the experience and everything else may be different with the lower profile tires
Awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience with these. I think I'm going to just try them. I can always change them out down the road.