Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Factory BOV bolt size

Reactions
Does anyone know the type(zic, coated steel), size & pitch of the stock bolts that hold the factory blow off valve on? A friend gave me a Boomba adapter and the bolts that came with it have threads that are wayyyy different than the stock ones. I want to go to the hardware store to get replacement bolts that are the same thread pitch but longer. Sorry for the potato quality picture.

(black) stock bolts are short.
(silver) boomba bolts are nearly twice as long & have a much finer thread pitch.

Attachments

Reactions
I believe its a 1.75 pitch m7. You won't find it in a home depot or lowes. Maybe fastenall....

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Gonna be hard to find. I’d drill the hole out and use the long bolt with a nut on it.

OP
schaggatron
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Gonna be hard to find. I’d drill the hole out and use the long bolt with a nut on it.
I'm a little too skittish to try that. :) I don't need to try it that bad.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Whatever you do get some good pics please.

OP
schaggatron
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Whatever you do get some good pics please.
Ask and ye shall recieve... did my best. I went to a Fleet Farm near me and found some M5-.80 x 40mm bolts (hex head,I used an allen key to tighten them). They tightened down really well, and I was careful to not over-tighten. I didn't have to bore out the existing holes either. :)

Attachments

Last edited: