Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Exterior Graphics/Stripes

Reactions
Has anyone done any exterior graphics or striping on their ST? Either paint or tape.:cool:

OP
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That's a good start. Since we know that many Ford products go faster with stripes, I was looking for ideas. There are a number o graphics for F-150 trucks as an idea. Just thinking of something to add that is a little more than a couple of side pin stripes.

Reactions
That's a good start. Since we know that many Ford products go faster with stripes, I was looking for ideas. There are a number o graphics for F-150 trucks as an idea. Just thinking of something to add that is a little more than a couple of side pin stripes.
What's the rule these days, 25 horsepower per stripe/per graphic? :-D

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That's not right. Only white ones with blue stripes go faster.

Blackssr

Reactions

Attachments

OP
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Who did all that beautiful work?

Blackssr

Reactions
Who did all that beautiful work?
If you're asking about the white ST, I did it myself. I was a professional window tinter back in the early days of window tint. I actually cut the film by hand and installed multi-piece back windows because the film was much different in the beginning than it is now. I call the employees that work at Tint World "professional squeegeers"... The computer cuts the film to the exact size, all the work is done and all they do is apply the film on the car.
On the other hand.. the artists that wrap entire cars have my complete respect. I am able apply the stripes and small items like that. I was even able to wrap the roof wing in carbon fiber, however I attempted to wrap the entire Hood of my Trackhawk. It did not go as well as I envisioned or hoped. It was next to impossible for me to lay it down like the pros do it. There's definitely an artistry to it.

Last edited:

Blackssr

Reactions
What's the rule these days, 25 horsepower per stripe/per graphic? :-D
If that's the case then I have an 800 horsepower ST...