Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Extended warranty pricing?

Jay

Reactions
We're looking at the Explorer ST as one of our top choices for a three-row SUV. The Teluride and Palisade are the other two options which have far superior factory warranties. What is the going price for the Ford ESP? I know there are different levels of coverage and I assume different durations. What are you paying for your warranty?

Reactions
I’ll give you my 2c on warranty. Kia offers an additional 40k miles over what Ford does on the power train. The probability of power train failing between 60k and 100k is low. In this case, you are comparing a soccer mom carpool machine to a performance vehicle. Why does that matter you may ask? Because with the Explorer you will be buying a vehicle that is engineered for much greater stresses, so with normal driving it should way outlast the Kia. If you don’t keep cars a long time, and don’t care about the performance difference between the vehicles, then go with the Kia.

Reactions
I had a Kia Telluride and traded it in for an Explorer ST. Two completely different rides and feels in my opinion.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I had a Kia Telluride and traded it in for an Explorer ST. Two completely different rides and feels in my opinion.
I'd be interested in your pros and cons on each since you are very familiar with both.

Blackssr

Reactions
I’ll give you my 2c on warranty. Kia offers an additional 40k miles over what Ford does on the power train. The probability of power train failing between 60k and 100k is low. In this case, you are comparing a soccer mom carpool machine to a performance vehicle. Why does that matter you may ask? Because with the Explorer you will be buying a vehicle that is engineered for much greater stresses, so with normal driving it should way outlast the Kia. If you don’t keep cars a long time, and don’t care about the performance difference between the vehicles, then go with the Kia.
We're looking at the Explorer ST as one of our top choices for a three-row SUV. The Teluride and Palisade are the other two options which have far superior factory warranties. What is the going price for the Ford ESP? I know there are different levels of coverage and I assume different durations. What are you paying for your warranty?
The Teluride and Palisade seriously?..just buy a mini van instead.They are for women and soccer mom's.. The Ford Explorer ST is guys car for the enthusiast who cares about performance. It you have ask and not sure....just move on. I have a Jeep Trackhawk also and the Exp ST is not far behind for nearly half the price... It should be a no-brainer.