Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer ST e50 tune only draggy 1/4 mile run

Reactions
This is an e50 tune only explorer st tuned by ZFG RACING LLC!

This is our standard e50 for the explorer sport. We offer a handful of parts in addition to custom tuning, borla exhaust, whipple intercooler and an xdi high pressure fuel pumps for those that want to run e85!

Contact us at Facebook.com/zfgracingllc or runzfg.com.

received_513204299629575.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Video is up!

QwikEVO

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Reactions
Can’t wait to see what this will do on a track...

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Can’t wait to see what this will do on a track...
It will get there, I have some other customers that have more mods that should push right past this. There is a decent amount of power on the table yet, going from e50 to e85.

BlueBeast

Reactions
It will get there, I have some other customers that have more mods that should push right past this. There is a decent amount of power on the table yet, going from e50 to e85.

When you say decent amount of power from e50 to e85... what are you thinking? 25-50 hp?

I’m running the e50 tune right now using the ngage

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I would expect 25-50hp yes. It makes the biggest difference on the back half of the track. After 2 or 3 gears e50 timing starts to fall off, and you start to lose power. The extra evaporative cooling of E85 helps you maintain peak power for an entire quarter mile pass. One good example, in the f150 we went from e50 to e85 and went from 11.8x to 11.59 almost all of it was on the back half.

Reactions
how difficult is it to add an anti lag system to this platform? just retarding spark a bit when the throttle closes

also, is there a rev limiter in park and neutral?

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
how difficult is it to add an anti lag system to this platform?
It's not needed honestly, you can hit a lot off boost on the foot brake.

Reactions
at the risk of sounding immature, you didn’t answer my question.. i also edited my original post.. if you please

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
at the risk of sounding immature, you didn’t answer my question.. i also edited my original post.. if you please
I guess I didn't understand why you wanting it. Right now isn't not possible to get a "2 step for effect". They may be a way to trick the ecu into doing it but it's probably not practical.

Yes there is a park neutral rev limter.

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
how much to add anti lag?
Not sure it's possible, but if you bought a tune we could try messing with it. You'd have to get an mpvi2 though.

ST-2021

Reactions
am interested in getting my 21 st up and running some #s at the local drag strip soon in search of down pipes hpfp tuning and whatever helps no expense spaired here please let me know thank you pm is fine

Cruiser133

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
am interested in getting my 21 st up and running some #s at the local drag strip soon in search of down pipes hpfp tuning and whatever helps no expense spaired here please let me know thank you pm is fine
I am on his waiting list as he is not taking new customers at the moment but I don't think he will sell you a tune regardless due to your State and their onerous CARB laws...

ST-2021

Reactions
All ready have HPFP and aftermarket turbos on way next week with Borla exhaust have it 93+ h

Reactions
Do you need to do any other modi
This is an e50 tune only explorer st tuned by ZFG RACING LLC!

This is our standard e50 for the explorer sport. We offer a handful of parts in addition to custom tuning, borla exhaust, whipple intercooler and an xdi high pressure fuel pumps for those that want to run e85!

Contact us at Facebook.com/zfgracingllc or runzfg.com.

View attachment 501

Do you need any other modifications to run the E50 tune? I thought you had to do injectors to use any ethanol fuel. Is the E50 practical to run on a daily driver? Thanks.