Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Explorer Hood Endeavor...

Chingus

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST - Forged Green
So I opened my hood on a windy day with the wind at my back. The hood got ripped out of my hands and flipped straight up and cracked the windshield. I was opening the hood to show my co workers in the parking lot. I thought nothing of the hood getting ripped out of my hands..... I just wanted to share this tale of woe with you all. Not even 4k miles...... Unbelievable!!!

Safelite is booked....

Thank you,

Attachments

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I just had safelite replace mine back in Feb. Demand a original ford windshield and you may get lucky and get one with the heated wiper grid in the bottom of the windshield like I did. Then you can add your own circuit to apply power to melt the ice off your wipers in the winter. The 2020 ST's got the heated windshield as standard equipment, but the feature was dropped for the 21 and 22 model years. And no you can't just plug it in and get it to work, ford also deleted the wiring for that circuit so there is nothing to plug into.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
So I opened my hood on a windy day with the wind at my back. The hood got ripped out of my hands and flipped straight up and cracked the windshield. I was opening the hood to show my co workers in the parking lot. I thought nothing of the hood getting ripped out of my hands..... I just wanted to share this tale of woe with you all. Not even 4k miles...... Unbelievable!!!

Safelite is booked....

Thank you,
Get you some of theses hydraulics hood lifts I got on Amazon 100 bucks save yourself the embarrassment a truck that expensive ford should of put them on for us…

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I just had safelite replace mine back in Feb. Demand a original ford windshield and you may get lucky and get one with the heated wiper grid in the bottom of the windshield like I did. Then you can add your own circuit to apply power to melt the ice off your wipers in the winter. The 2020 ST's got the heated windshield as standard equipment, but the feature was dropped for the 21 and 22 model years. And no you can't just plug it in and get it to work, ford also deleted the wiring for that circuit so there is nothing to plug into.
Bummer !!!! your a true Ford Man from what I see in the garage

OP
Chingus

Chingus

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Get you some of theses hydraulics hood lifts I got on Amazon 100 bucks save yourself the embarrassment a truck that expensive ford should of put them on for us…
I wholeheartedly agree with you. 60k truck should have the dampers.... I am most certainly going to add them. I was hesitant due to the drilling required, but I apply a small amount of por15 to the drilled areas. I also need to order the touch up paint for the hood.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
the hood is aluminum, so por15 is not needed

OP
Chingus

Chingus

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I ordered the struts yesterday. Hind sight is 20/20

Thank you all.

OP
Chingus

Chingus

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
To just bring this full circle

Struts are installed.

Next on the list is lowering springs. Any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated.

Attachments